Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use one of those plastic installers? I have seen a picture and I think it was like $10.00. I have single .072's to install and was looking for an easy way.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it, ever used one?

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
Pull them apart slightly and then spin them in. Use a pick to push the end in. The tension it creates by pulling it apart will help to keep it in the slot.

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
Thats it, ever used one?

Yeah I borrow one from a friend, works like a charm. I was changing pistons twice a month or more before I got the right piston design (BRC EEP) my fingers were always torn up, friend let me use his and I loved it.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I use to be able to do them pretty easy but old fat fingers stiff from Arthritus put a stop to that. I really struggle with spiro locks today. I'm going to buy one of the tools before I freshen my motor up. RM

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Joe! How ya been man?
Doin good. The navy is treatin me well. Although I pretty much just go to school(nuclear power) all day, and get paid to do it. Not a bad deal. I've got 6 weeks left of my 6 month 'a' school, then I get leave. Then another year+ worth of schooling!

To stay on topic, I have small hands so that makes the spirol locks easier to deal with lol.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Just to hijack this thread....does anybody know where I can buy replacement spirolox without going to the piston manufacturer?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I hate em too. Finally got a set of pistons this year with buttons, and I'll NEVER go back.
I didn't know anyone still ran buttons.. I ran them in a drag bike years ago, and they did make piston installation a piece of cake..

But they always left streaks on the cylinder walls.. Kind of polished some of the crosshatch away.. That's why I thought folks stopped using them..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts