Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goes 5.50 @ 264.9 in testing this evening at SGMP, in preparation for the ManCup World Finals! Looks like it maybe a great weekend.

Hey D,
you going to be there? I will be there tomorrow. Running SuperComp and ProET.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
I've spoken to a couple of people there who both describe it as the perfect run.Steve and Larry have got their shit together.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
I've heard they are getting help from someone by the name John Dixon with their fuel system.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Nitrodee, they are getting help from many people in all areas including chassis tuning. It's truely a Team effort by all to advance the TF class to the next level.

Larry was the first to break the 7 second barrrier, the 6.50 barrier, the 6.00 barrier, the first in the 5 second barrier, and now the first to run a 5.50. He is carrying on Elmer Trett's vision for Top Fuel Motorcycles and helping others with the new advancements for the good of the class.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
Nitrodee, they are getting help from many people in all areas including chassis tuning. It's truely a Team effort by all to advance the TF class to the next level.

Larry was the first to break the 7 second barrrier, the 6.50 barrier, the 6.00 barrier, the first in the 5 second barrier, and now the first to run a 5.50. He is carrying on Elmer Trett's vision for Top Fuel Motorcycles and helping others with the new advancements for the good of the class.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts

True. But he wasnt the first to 250 or 255. :-D the cylinder heads off the 254 and 255 mph Alwine/Dryden bike are on my bike now.
I also heard they are experimenting with wheelie bar design.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Nitro:

Are the Heads Combustion Chamber full Hemi, full Bore with no Squish area?;)
Ours are just your standard vortex 11 heads like the pro stock. We just have smaller valves and some weld reinforcement around the spark plugs. And flat top pistons.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
True. But he wasnt the first to 250 or 255. :-D the cylinder heads off the 254 and 255 mph Alwine/Dryden bike are on my bike now.
I also heard they are experimenting with wheelie bar design.
Yes you are correct. I was talking ET my friend. Good luck with your quest in Top Fuel.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Yes you are correct. I was talking ET my friend. Good luck with your quest in Top Fuel.
Thanks. Yes I know you were talking et. How was that final. Near on identical times. Spidey winning on a holeshot.He earnt that win.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
nitrodee

You are correct on wheelie bars.
I saw it on some of the videos.I'm curious about the theory/science behind John Dixons ideas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts