Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter turned 16 and I gave her my truck. I'm not done with my new daily so I've been driving my Vette. I had to go to Home Depot today so I borrowed my bosses 2018 F-150. I gotta say, I was pretty impressed. It's fully loaded and a damn nice truck. I didnt care for the seats but I also didn't adjust it to fit me, I don't move things like that when borrowing a truck or car. It surprised me with it's acceleration. I hated the auto stop so I turned that off. Otherwise I really liked it. And the most amazing part to me was the gas mileage. 21 mpg is nice. Best I get in my GMC is 13.5.
No real point to this post other than offer my opinion on one after driving it. I never really had an opinion before this about it.

]

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,170 Posts
GOOD TO SEE YOU LIKE YOUR BOSSES TRUCK.....

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
They’re damn quick, wifes car ran 14.48 at the track; buddy at work had a 16 ecoboost, i got him outta the hole, but that little lead on the hit was all the lead i had the entire time.

That being said, literally all of my buddies that bought the eco’s went with the 5.0 on their next truck.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My neighbor just got a 2019 F-150 EcoBoost Limited, very fricking nice! Only think I don't like is the 22" rims which leaves too little meat to wrap around them IMO. I can't live with a payment that'd come with a new truck so I'll keep rolling around in my 05' Supercrew that sounds like a jar of marbles every time I start it., but at least I own it.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
My neighbor just got a 2019 F-150 EcoBoost Limited, very fricking nice! Only think I don't like is the 22" rims which leaves too little meat to wrap around them IMO. I can't live with a payment that'd come with a new truck so I'll keep rolling around in my 05' Supercrew that sounds like a jar of marbles every time I start it., but at least I own it.
I scored on my SD i bought new in ‘16, but with current prices, i could honestly sell this damn this with 40,000miles on the ticker for what i paid new because the new truck prices are just phucking insane!!

Ill be rocking this sumbitch till the wheels fall off!!

·
FHRITP
50,691 Posts
I scored on my SD i bought new in ‘16, but with current prices, i could honestly sell this damn this with 40,000miles on the ticker for what i paid new because the new truck prices are just phucking insane!!

Ill be rocking this sumbitch till the wheels fall off!!
The 6.7 is a beast!

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,959 Posts
Trust me, that 21.5 is not 21.5, more like 18-19. Ford's auto calculators are about 15% off.
My 2013 F150 5.0 Coyote is off 1 mpg.

Dash Says 22.5 but hand calculates to 21.5

2wd x-cab with 3.31 gears

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
Tell him to run 93 octane in it and enjoy the 450 Horsepower and 510 lb.ft. of Torque!!:)

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
not if but when they break you are going to wish you bought the V8
V-8's Don't break I guess!!!:rolleyes:Plenty of 150-200,000 mile 3.5 Eco Boosts out there!!!Tune for Tune the Eco Boosts are going to leave the 5.0 in the dust and also tow better stock!!:)Now if you plan on a Supercharger the 5.0 makes sense IMO!!:)

·
Registered
21,647 Posts
So my daughter turned 16 and I gave her my truck. I'm not done with my new daily so I've been driving my Vette. I had to go to Home Depot today so I borrowed my bosses 2018 F-150. I gotta say, I was pretty impressed. It's fully loaded and a damn nice truck. I didnt care for the seats but I also didn't adjust it to fit me, I don't move things like that when borrowing a truck or car. It surprised me with it's acceleration. I hated the auto stop so I turned that off. Otherwise I really liked it. And the most amazing part to me was the gas mileage. 21 mpg is nice. Best I get in my GMC is 13.5.
No real point to this post other than offer my opinion on one after driving it. I never really had an opinion before this about it.

]
2.7 or 3.5 they both run strong?:confused:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts