Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone used the speedway tube bender and i was wondering how do they work? the 1.5 and larger dies are 7 in rad. and that seems a little big

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
if its the one im thinking of i use it at work. im out of it right now so i cant remember. anyways if it is its a pretty decent piece. just gotta make sure its bolted down good. i've only used it on 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 mild and moly so far and it worked great

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have one of them. I used it to bend 1 5/8 CM and it worked great. It made nice smooth bends with no wrinkles whatsoever. The only downside is the 7" radius which is a little big but manageable. Good bender for the money.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Take a look at the one from EZ Bend. I was going to get the Speedway until I came across the EZ Bend. It uses a follow bar rather than a roller so it's less likely to dimple the tube, it's a hydraulic setup rather than the jack type, and has tighter radius dies available. 6" for 1 5/8"and 1 1/2", 5 inches on 1 1/4" and 1". With 4 dies and an air over hydraulic foot pedal, you're still under $1000. Ordering right from MidAmerican is about $830. Some circle jerk places are cheaper, but they only want to sell you it with the 1 3/4" die. I'll likely be ordering mine this week.

http://www.midamericanonline.com/tubing_benders.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
My Speedway bends 1-5/8" CM very well. I have only used it on 1-5/8" .083"CM. Its fine if your not needing anything tighter than 7"-90deg. The only reason I bought it, was a guy had one with five dies for 250.00 used.

·
Registered
404 Posts
used a speedway for years, did several cages with it, cant really say anything bad about it, but I did sale it and buy a pro-tools- 105 , they have a bigger die selection and everything is made from heavy steel instead of thin wall tube and aluminum, got my pro -tools 105 for $620 to the door with one die set, not much more than the speedway, plan on doing a harbor freight air over hydraulic setup soon with it for about $80 and some scrap metal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts