Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been previously posted, but it sucks big time! Don't mind paying a fair price, but the hell with getting raped! So much for trying to get younger people interested in drag racing because now they won't be able to watch a race without rich parents. It seems that every time drag racing finds a way to appeal to a larger audience they immediately find a way to screw themselves out of it. With all the track closings now days a lot of young people will never get a chance to get interested in the sport, but at least they could watch the live streams and maybe fall in love like I did. I can understand covering your costs, but from going from free to $24.95/month or $199.99/year is total horse shit!!!
Here is the link: SpeedVideo is Moving to a Subscription Model in 2020 - SpeedVideo

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Here is the way I see it 200 dollars year is nothing, you probably spend twice that at McDonald’s in a year, Cost a whole lot more to travel to these races they are streaming. Being involved in racing is not for low budget individuals.
Steve

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Also i will make it a point to not buy any of the fucking crap from the vendors that support speed video, in the future and make sure i tell every one i know that races not to buy from them also!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I guess they want paid for watching the magic circle spin around on the monitor for at least half of the time during the feed, how much is track prep worth a hour to watch?
Yeah their feed is shit most of the time. No way I pay much for that nonsense. I will go to a few races that are closer to me that they stream, no way i'm giving them one dime for low quality content.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Yeah their feed is shit most of the time. No way I pay much for that nonsense. I will go to a few races that are closer to me that they stream, no way i'm giving them one dime for low quality content.
Ya their coverage was crap , but it was free so i never said any thing, but i will not pay to get fucking substandard coverage.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MotorManiaTV.com – keep watching…we'll Stream MORE! The absolute best when it comes to live feeds and 100% FREE
You are correct about Motormania and Mark Walters! They are the best and also the first to provide us with live streaming. Speed sprang up and started under cutting Motormania to the point that Mark lost most of the heads-up races. Unfortunately the devil down south started the pay per view streams so I knew it was just a short jump to having to pay to watch a race. It wouldn't be so bad if Speed offered a quality show, but as we all know, most of the time it's pure shit! I'm just grateful to Monty for continuing with Mark for the YBN's again this year and not jumping on the bandwagon. Thank you Monty and Mark both!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
During my time with SV, I worked with at least 4 guys regularly who worked for mmtv then jumped ship to sv. There are 4 spots on a sv feed crew. They use different but similar gear as far as I know. I don't think MMTV ever sprung for a satellite truck, SMGP has always had connectivity issues to overcome an a sat truck is not cheap. A lot of the crew guys are known for there own vid brands as well.

The whole deal sucked as I got it from my sources. James hunted those events from Mark trying leverage his relationships with sponsors because of Dragzine... This subscription isn't going to motivate them to even come close to that level of excess like you see at NHRA or other pro production events, even if it succeeds. As for gear, my camera would buy 4 of theirs. Equipment was on the McBudget side and always in disrepair..

What happened to the sponsor model they used for procharger, edelbrock, holley, mickey thompson, etc etc... the dragzine sponsor pyramid was 3x the cost. Is their an issue with how valuable this has become to sponsors? Btw, Speedvideo is basically 2 dedicated people in Ca with support from powermedia staff. Basically an IT guy copied Mark and he got an assistant for his attempt at world domination

Someone will capitalize from this as tech continues to expand with coverage of wireless speeds and access. Hard to police feeds when there are 400 camera's on the line shooting. We just got prime shooting locations basically for being the "advertised" feed. Surely Tom isn't dumb enough to think his product is worth that to more than a small specific market. Questions for days....

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
We've had our own onboard satellite system since May of 2007. We've been through a few providers and a couple of equipment upgrades, but none the less, it has been at our disposal since the old Your Way Network days.

MMTV just marked it's 10th anniversary. With 15 years of experience and over 500 live drag racing shows under my belt combined with a group of promoters, advertisers and the best fans on the planet behind us, we aren't going any where anytime soon. Thank you to everyone who has supported us all these years!

·
AMP Racing member
3,427 Posts
I agree that MMTV is by far a better product, but they have mostly bracket races. This SV deal sucks because of the asking price. For that kind of money, they better have top notch production, And, they haven't shown that they can produce that in the past. Motor Trend On Demand is a lot cheaper, and look at the production that goes into their shows.

Also, I haven't seen any Per Race option. I don't want to pay for an entire season, when I'm actually going to be at 1/2 the events (or more) that they're covering.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Usually I'm bitching and whining, but in this case, I appreciate both speedvideo and mmtv, for taking us to free drag races for quite a long time.
We were lucky to have these two companies stream us fans free races, fans that couldn't make the track.

I have no issues paying that subscription fee.
As a previous poster posted earlier, we spend that much yearly on junk food!!!!

Sorry folks, but the days of free are over.

Let's try to support these guys so you can bring us quality streaming.

John
Toronto

·
I kill parts
9,907 Posts
People want free live streaming, then want to complain when tracks close because there aren't enough butts in the seats to pay the bills....:rolleyes:

I don't mind paying a subscription at all, provided I get decent coverage to justify it. As noted, not sure SV streaming quality(often lack there of) is justifiable.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
People want free live streaming, then want to complain when tracks close because there aren't enough butts in the seats to pay the bills....:rolleyes:
Oh is this why one of my local tracks (Capitol) is closing because of free live feeds. I have yet to hear anyone explain this because they never offered live feeds. This is just a scapegoat.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts