Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
yeah but the NX kit got the best $/HP number.... something like $0.51 per 1 HP made...now thats cheap perfromance.

wilson's/pro-flow stuff might be the best number generating kit but its pretty expensive.

that car craft article was really cool

·
Registered
957 Posts
Late response but I ran the Diffuser Plate and would highly recommend it. Bracket race consistent and never had a problem. Pulled the motor at the end of the season and looked good as new. P.S. ran a 555 Scott Shafiroff motor with the Speedtech 350 tune up. Since then built a 12 degree 585 and am still going to use the plate...

·
Registered
485 Posts
plate info

i sold a guy a vacuum pump who ran one of those plates,,,,he said he loved it...i have his no. if you'd like to talk to him

dave
843-250-0163

here we go steelers!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Plate system,hmmm I run the wilsons 2 stage system,I have had really good luck with it and their tech service is awesome,
great bunch of guys

·
Triple xXx
1,925 Posts
plate article

Anyone got a link to that article? Was thinking about the Speedtech plate also.

·
Registered
92 Posts
got the plate from mike at gator natinaols,appaeras to be very nice set up flow numbers look goodf its not just a plate in a box thats for shure,,numbers look very true to what flow numbers should be be for the sol. sizes,,,

·
Registered
957 Posts
muddytoy said:
got the plate from mike at gator natinaols,appaeras to be very nice set up flow numbers look goodf its not just a plate in a box thats for shure,,numbers look very true to what flow numbers should be be for the sol. sizes,,,
You won't be dissappointed...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Not a plate post but I tried Speedtechs "Quickie" bottle coupler a while back and it worked great. Fast bottle changes and I didnt have to go looking for the wrenches. I thought it was great quility stuff. I also went to a IHRA race this weekend and Shannon and Mike were using them on there cars. They helped me with all my questions.

Steven

·
Registered
92 Posts
welll after doing some in garge flowwing i feel the plate may not flow much over say 375 hp i shipped it out to have it flowwed by an independent,ill keep you all up to date...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
MuddyToy,
If you are talking about the SppedTech diffuser plate system, it will do every bit of what it is claiming. The single stage plate will fow up to 500 hp if used with matching and correct solenoids. The dual stage plate will flow up to 500 X 2 = 1000 hp if you have a manifold, head and engine that will ingest that much from a plate or period.

I know many guys who use and have used the SpeedTech single stage plate system and are getting a stronger hit and quicker time with smaller jetting than they were with thier particular brand of plate systems they had before. Because of the better atomising of the Diffuser system plate it is using less nitrous to achieve the horsepower, so just doing a comparisom test by flowing it against another system with the same jetting is useless. I know many who have used it and love it. I have not found anyone yet that got rid of it and bought a different brand. I just bought two of them for a customer's car I am working on now.

Have you seen the video of the working SpeedTech Diffuser Plate?? It is very impressive to see.

While I am here pumping up the SpeedTech systems let me be fair. I do not know of anyone who has replaced their Wilsons with the SpeedTech in my circle of friends. I am also a NX dealer and do use NX products so it is not just because I am selling SpeedTech.

I do not thik that a backyard test of this plate, or a third opinion test, will tell anyone anything except it is not using as large of nitrous jets for the claimed hp. By the way. I do hope you know that with this plate that each Hp range Tune-Up does require a change in fuel pressure settings.

The only way to test it is on the dyno. Does it do what it claims or not? Not what is the hp capability by a flow tsting of the tune-up. It is more efficient and requires less nitrous for the same hp as other systems.

Ok, Off my soapbox,
Ed

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok ok, dont get me wrong im NOT bashing it . shit i just paid 600 bones for it .I just want to know what its flowwing in lbs per hour . also where can this video be found it "spraying" do you have link for it...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts