Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 1 month package so I could watch the door slammers event, and Sweet 16. Obviously that has been postponed until the fall. I have sent an email to speed video to see if I will be covered for Ducks fall race, or if there are partial refunds available. I would be fine with them just covering me for the fall race. Has anyone else approached them about this situation? Their website has no mentioned about this that I could find.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,084 Posts
My guess will be that there will be NO refund/prorate. You paid for a month. not an event. You may get free month in October, idk.
I am curious to see how it works out for you tho.

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess will be that there will be NO refund/prorate. You paid for a month. not an event. You may get free month in October, idk.
I am curious to see how it works out for you tho.
I look at it like this. Speedvideo incurred no cost's, as the event was cancelled in plenty of time. I would hope they will allow me to watch the event ( in October) I paid for. I think its only fair.....imo of course.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw this the other day but I never received this email myself. I am in the same boat as you. I paid for the month for the 2 races but whatever I guess. I have already counted it as a lost. I probably won't pay again.

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw this the other day but I never received this email myself. I am in the same boat as you. I paid for the month for the 2 races but whatever I guess. I have already counted it as a lost. I probably won't pay again.
Yup! As the song goes, won't get fooled again! I would like to think this will work itself out.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
having to pay to watch pdra is the worst move I've ever seen.crazy that they shut it down if you don't pay big money.screw them

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I got an answer back from Gina at Speed Video. Basically, to bad, so sad. I purchased a "streaming service" with a "one month subscription". The fact that they didn't "stream" the race I purchased the subscription for, appears to be my problem. Why am I not surprised!

Hey Rob -

Thanks for reaching out. SpeedVideo is a streaming service with monthly subscribers, similar to Netflix but for drag racing, that gives you access to existing drag racing events, on-demand, and live. Subscribers get the library of more than 100 events SpeedVideo has produced, plus around 40 live events broadcast in HD.
From what you explained, you weren't clear when you signed up that you were signing up for a streaming service, but instead, you thought you were purchasing just one event.

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly I could agree with both sides on this one. It is really just a total shit situation all around, nobody could have seen or predicted this.
Not disagreeing, and really, the $12 or so I'm out, (I watched the door slammers event) is irrelevant. I do believe, that in the spirit of good business decisions, since they had zero money invested in that event, some "good customer service" common sense should be applied. If not, oh well, its their ball. I for one won't spend any more money with them.

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was it there only two events scheduled for the month?
There was TX2K20 on the 12-24. So 3 events in the 4 week paid window. There was also the NMCA event on at the same time as the door slammers event, but you can't watch them both at the same time. It is what it is. Like I said, its their ball......

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the same boat, payment was taken the day before sweet 16 was cancelled and asked for a refund that day. Instead of any offer of a refund they try to up sell me without knowing if or when any racing will continue. Will not be giving this shit company anymore of my money

Dave - we would love to keep you on as a subscriber. Would you consider upgrading to a yearly subscription. It works out to less than $13/month and you get access to all the upcoming races including Sweet 16 later in the year...as well as the upcoming Freedom 500! What do you think?
--
Gina from SpeedVideo

·
3,084 Posts
In the same boat, payment was taken the day before sweet 16 was cancelled and asked for a refund that day. Instead of any offer of a refund they try to up sell me without knowing if or when any racing will continue. Will not be giving this shit company anymore of my money

Dave - we would love to keep you on as a subscriber. Would you consider upgrading to a yearly subscription. It works out to less than $13/month and you get access to all the upcoming races including Sweet 16 later in the year...as well as the upcoming Freedom 500! What do you think?
--
Gina from SpeedVideo​
I think it would be different if you paid per event. But you paid for a month of streaming and only cared about one event.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think it would be different if you paid per event. But you paid for a month of streaming and only cared about one event.
And I honestly wouldn't have cared if it was just the one event as there was other races happening. But as we all know everything has been cancelled/delayed, so why pay for a month of nothing? And yeah I found the offer of the freedom thing a bit retarded and would have to pay another month to watch that nonsense if it even happens.

·
3,084 Posts
And I honestly wouldn't have cared if it was just the one event as there was other races happening. But as we all know everything has been cancelled/delayed, so why pay for a month of nothing? And yeah I found the offer of the freedom thing a bit retarded and would have to pay another month to watch that nonsense if it even happens.
Thats true. Everything has been cancelled.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Because SV fucking sucks and they don't care. They just want money, obviously don't care what shit product they put out.
MMTV ttf

1 - 20 of 27 Posts