Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for plug suggestion for a 383 engine with I-037 world products sportsman 2 heads .street / strip car = dont street drive it much. Heads are 5/8 hex with tapered seat .460 reach from what i've read . All i can find is to use Accel 276 or 276s plugs with the /460 reach tapered seat . The plugs that were in engine were autolite AP26 , gap was at 40 . Plugs need changed - they look dark but not wet , been in engine for awhile now. Not even sure if it was the plug that should of been in there .
Debating going to NGK or maybe autolite AR plug. Car has msd 6al box and msd distrib , 750 holley , compression is just over 10 from what i was told , Has a solid lift cam . no nitrous , th400 with 3,000 convertor . I used premium fuel since i got engine used awhile back . I want to take to track more and less street driving . What would be a good plug to start fresh with and get some readings ?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I used to just run AC R42TS with a small nitrous shot, cheap and available. Something a range or 2 hotter should be fine,

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
AC R44 or 45ts run them in both my steel head engines. 11.5/1 355w/1st design sportsman and 383 w/world sr torquers. I've got some NGKs to try but just pulled the 383 for fresh engine with more power.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you . So looks like start with a slightly colder plug then the Autolite AP26 that was in it and projected tip , resistor plug . Local speed shop suggested using AR 132 or AR 134 which is not projected tip . Just gets confusing .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts