Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pump gas BBC 598, Dart 355's with some chamber work, 11:1 comp, solid roller 270ish @ .050, .800 lift (can't remember exact numbers). I am currently using AR3933's right now. It's gonna be mostly strip but also driven on local cruise nights. For now just trying to get it going good on the street. I have the carb (SV1) jetted close as the plugs look ok. It will eventually see the gas but not anytime soon. Just looking to see what others with more experience suggest. Thanks in advance.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
3934 in all the bbc i build with and comp up to 13 to 1 running n/a.. if you mixed 50/50 race gas for the strip you could even run a 3935.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
3934 in all the bbc i build with and comp up to 13 to 1 running n/a.. if you mixed 50/50 race gas for the strip you could even run a 3935.
Not wanting to hijack,
Do you prefer the ARs over the NGKs?
Have only ran NGKs 9s 8s & 7s ----- 7s are workin for me right now.

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
nope! i run ngk or the ar's i run the ar because there cheap and theres no power differance in the two.. i pull the plugs every race and use new ones.. just a habit i have been doing for yrs.. if i'm using nos i will change plug every 4-5 passes... again just me!!! the buddy car runs the ngk and they are the same plug 40+passes.. BTW 55 THE (3934 IS A 8NGK) AND THE (3935 IS A 7NGK)

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question Jeff...Same setup with a digital 7 box (7530) what gap would you run? Thanks

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
my vote would be ngk vpower plug. 5671-7 or -8 on motor, and -9 or -10(depends on how hard u hit with spray).....good results on my combo which is very similar to yours. many on i net say ngk burns off top strap usually=ok piston, where the autolite-burnt strap=better chance of damaged piston.good luck

·
Registered
462 Posts
ngk r5671a-7 with a .035 gap here,10.74:1 548" bbc

how do you like that sv-1?

what size?

·
pig hunter
9,424 Posts
3934 is hotter then a 3933 and i gap them at .030-.035

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jeff and Rickster. SV1 is still a little rough in the midrange but at full throttle it works pretty good. Idles well. Just gotta work on the midrange. I have only driven it on the street so far. I gets up on the transbrake pretty fast without any hesitation.

·
Registered
462 Posts
what venturi/plate size and cfm

mine is a 98/110 mm in size with an unknown cfm so far

been meaning to hit patrick up on the cfm of this thing for a year now! LOL!

are you lean at part throttle?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same one you have. Yeah I think it is lean. When it does it, it almost seems like an electrical problem but when you mash the throttle to the floor it goes away very quickly. Other than that it was kinda rich everywhere else. I backed the jets down from 96 squared to 95 and adjusted the yellow pump cam on the primary side. I have been driving mine on the street and running an air cleaner so it's gonna be a little fat. I was gonna try the 3934's this weekend but my trans took a crap yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts