Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best plug for this application? BBC 598 ci N/A 13.1 brodix HH heads on 113 octane . Car shifts at 7,000 and goes thru the lights around 6,800. It has a MSD digital 6AL box and a Blaster HVC2 coil. Looking for best name brand, heat range and gap.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I would use NGK R5671A-8. Good gas plug and easier to read the plug than some other brands. .035" gap will work fine. (I would question the use of any HVC coil with a 6AL box.) Quality spiral wound plug wires needed too.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The HVC coil is the best coil to use with 6AL. HighVoltage[&]Current. Plus it is an E core coil, faaaaaaaar superior to any canister coil,

·
Busy being a cunt
29,962 Posts
I would use NGK R5671A-8. Good gas plug and easier to read the plug than some other brands. .035" gap will work fine. (I would question the use of any HVC coil with a 6AL box.) Quality spiral wound plug wires needed too.
What would the question be?

I'm running a HVC ii with a digital 6al without issue(apart from carb issues :( ) :)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I don't know about the newer digital 6AL, but the HVC coils were not listed on MSD charts as being compatible.with analog 6AL.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I don't know about the newer digital 6AL, but the HVC coils were not listed on MSD charts as being compatible.with analog 6AL.
The current chart doesn't differentiate between analog and digital, but lists the Blaster HVC coils as the recommended coils for 6 series ignitions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts