Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a BBC (60 over 427) i have no idea where to start when it comes to plugs for this motor.

Tell me what you need to know about the motor and I'll post it....

·
Registered
728 Posts
The spark plug doesn't know what kind of engine its in, just how much cylinder pressure and heat it sees. If the big block makes around the same HP as the small block, start with the same plug. If it makes more, which I'm sure it does, go colder based on the gain in HP. Generally, one step per 100HP is a good starting point.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
The spark plug doesn't know what kind of engine its in, just how much cylinder pressure and heat it sees. If the big block makes around the same HP as the small block, start with the same plug. If it makes more, which I'm sure it does, go colder based on the gain in HP. Generally, one step per 100HP is a good starting point.
Plug reach is longer on a bbc then a sbc

·
Registered
728 Posts
Now that I look back and see he did say iron head, then no, a 3934 won't work because it is a gasket seat plug. He needs a AR 134 tapered seat plug. Same reach though.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Now that I look back and see he did say iron head, then no, a 3934 won't work because it is a gasket seat plug. He needs a AR 134 tapered seat plug. Same reach though.
He said it had closed chamer iron heads. Can you find me one that doesnt take a 3/4 reach plug

·
Registered
728 Posts
He said it had closed chamer iron heads. Can you find me one that doesnt take a 3/4 reach plug
No, that's why I recommended one, but a 3934 is for gasket seated aluminum heads, a 134 is for cast iron tapered seats. Same reach, whether its a small block or big block.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts