Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Brodix heads and they recommend a NGK B8ES for gas and B9ES for alcohol. My question is to verify that the B9ES is colder then the 8? I can't find much for cross referencing these plugs. What plug would you commmend for spraying 350hp with? What is the next colder plug to use? thanks

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
B9ES would be the right plug for a methanol motor,, gap them at .020. If you spray use B10ES and gap them at .015.
I am not sure if there is a B11ES as that is colder yet but NGK does not make that in all threads/reach combos

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just got the headers in and ran into a problem 3 and 5 I can not get a standard legth spark plug to start in the hole. So I may need some short spark plugs or it is hammer time on a new set of headers. Tuff call.

Does any know if the short spark plugs are availble without projected tips and in something along the lines of a 9,10,11 heat ranges?

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Well I just got the headers in and ran into a problem 3 and 5 I can not get a standard legth spark plug to start in the hole. So I may need some short spark plugs or it is hammer time on a new set of headers. Tuff call.

Does any know if the short spark plugs are availble without projected tips and in something along the lines of a 9,10,11 heat ranges?
What about a thick or double header gasket, would that help?
this is the only thing you should refer to as hammer time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JomHWt7p6-c not your new headers,, ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's hurting is the b9es has a 3/4 inch reach. I don't think a small dent would help #3. I even tried loosening the header still no luck with these plugs I would have to remove the header to start that plug. Now I need to know if I can get a short plug to try today. So it's time to start making calls.

The headers are Hedman 65387 with brodix -10's with angled plugs.

·
Thread killer
1,879 Posts
What's hurting is the b9es has a 3/4 inch reach. I don't think a small dent would help #3. I even tried loosening the header still no luck with these plugs I would have to remove the header to start that plug. Now I need to know if I can get a short plug to try today. So it's time to start making calls.

The headers are Hedman 65387 with brodix -10's with angled plugs.

Doesn't Accel make shorty plugs in most NGK sizes? We use Accel 8es in our alkie motor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts