Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to find these things to save my life, but I know I have seen them before. Might be a little hard to explain, but its a piece that you can slip over a spark plug and then use a wrench to tighten the plug into the head. The usually come in a kit of 3 (different lengths) and they work great when you cannot get a regular socket over the end of the spark plug and you cannot fully tighten the plug with a wrench. I need a set for 5/8" hex spark plugs. Anybody know where to get these things?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Take a regular spark plug socket. Cut it in half to shorten it. Then drill out the end of it so the tip of the plug can pass through.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats pretty much what I am looking for, but didnt want to take the time to make it, lol.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
Well if youre like me you have 3 or 4 regular sockets kickin around and the 10 minutes to make it is worth waiting 2 days for $20 socket to show up. :)

...............and when you lose the first one, youll know how to make another :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
You are looking for a plug socket for a s10 pick up/Blazer or 1500 pick up with the 4.3 motor for the #3 cyl. where the steering shaft is in the way. snap on, mac, matco, sears sells them, maybe check napa.

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
One of these?

this is a 5/8 collapsible hollow socket. They have them in 13/16 also

Got it from Snap on or Matco

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if youre like me you have 3 or 4 regular sockets kickin around and the 10 minutes to make it is worth waiting 2 days for $20 socket to show up. :)

...............and when you lose the first one, youll know how to make another :p
Yup yup! I do have a few extras! I may just go that route for this one car that I am tinkering around with right now. I know I have seen these things in a set; they were black oxide, and the set of 3 was 30-40 bucks. Might have seen it at one of the larger races, or maybe the big swap meet at Daytona.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

Just cut a socket in half and weld a arm on it for a quick fix untill you get a good one....This one was for my sbc trick flow twisted wedge heads

1 - 16 of 16 Posts