Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam running a 406 sbc with 13.1 Isky roller cam dart 230 and for a while i was running my spark (NGK -9) plug gap at 35, recently i was told to run my gap to 25 because i switch my plate from a NX plate to the Halo plate. Went to the to the track left the line hard but rite when i got to second gear the motor didnt want to rpm any more then i thru third then it started to pick up again the problem lasted for 2 month couldnt figure it out then i went back to my plugs and re gaped them and the motor woke rite up and went down the track just fine i was just wondering where othere people where gaping there plugs at also iam running a Msd Dig 6 box. You should be getting the plate by the mid of the week Steve and Thanks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I run .045" with the AR race Autolights that are side gapped for n/a engines on pump fuel. .035"- .040" for high compression and .035" for nitrous. .025" is way to tight for me..

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
how much you're spraying plays a really big part in how the big gap should be

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
how much you're spraying plays a really big part in how the big gap should be

Very true Craig. I have found these gaps to work well with most. The only time I will go as tight as .030" is with high compression and alot of spray. Too tight and it won't fire to its full potential. Too loose and the spray will blow out the plug like a candle on a birthday cake..minus the spit..;)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iam running a 200 shot on a Nos Mini 0 delay of the whole with 45% and at 1.3 second 99%, also iam running VP N02 fuel. Thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
I run a 434 w/ 13to1 comp. and a 23 deg head. I run my Autolites at .025. I'm using a Digital 7 and spraying more then 200. With that being said every combination will want something different and you will have to let the engine tell you what it wants. The best advice I or anyone could give you is to talk with Steve about your tune up. He has a lot of guys running fast and winning with his product, he's not just hiding behind a screen name giving out advice with no actual proof of what he's done. Again I would talk to Steve, he will be happy to help. His customer service is 2nd to none.

jl

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
All the NGK's that I have pulled from the box are always between .025-.027 and .030 is the highest I have ran them but I normally dont even touch them and just follow what NGK said and that was to pull from the box and into the hole lol ... I have seen too many plugs get cracked from improper gapping. JE

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
.028 here with 3933's.I'm also using a Digital 6.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info guys ill start creeping the gap back down when i go out to the track again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts