Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting new plugs in my 89 lincoln mark 7 it has a 175 shot on it.Also it has a msd blaster coil and ####ty 6A msd box with 9mm wires...

What gap should the plugs be with autolite 23's??

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you think 30 or 35?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gaped them at .035 so ill see how it goes from there....

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
It will vary- the key is not to knock the flame out start at 35 and work your way down
So you gap them big... blow out the spark a few times. Replace a few pistons.. then gap them a little smaller the next hoping you have room for the next set of ash trays? I have always started with a smaller gap and went from there.. But hell that's just me, Jeff... commie bastard!! :finga: Who loves ya?

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
So you gap them big... blow out the spark a few times. Replace a few pistons.. then gap them a little smaller the next hoping you have room for the next set of ash trays? I have always started with a smaller gap and went from there.. But hell that's just me, Jeff... commie bastard!! :finga: Who loves ya?
Its a ford something you know nothing about:smt079 i have never burned a piston- knock on wood how's the nitrous working on yours oh wait you can blowdry them now hows that workin for ya he he he he he

·
Administrator
136,849 Posts
Its a ford something you know nothing about:smt079 i have never burned a piston- knock on wood how's the nitrous working on yours oh wait you can blowdry them now hows that workin for ya he he he he he

If you aint burning pistons ... you aint pushing it hard enough :p:p:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts