Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to order a new set of wires for the 496 in my friends nova. it has 2.125 hedman huslers on it and im wondering what everyone is using as far as plug end boots? the straight wont fit wityhout resting on some tubes. any help is appreciated.

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
i use 135degree boots from taylor.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I use the MSD wires with the "multi-angle" boot. They are basically a straight boot when you take them out of the box and you can bend them to whatever angle you need and it retains that shape. They work/fit great. The part number I've always used is 3119.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I use the MSD wires with the "multi-angle" boot. They are basically a straight boot when you take them out of the box and you can bend them to whatever angle you need and it retains that shape. They work/fit great. The part number I've always used is 3119.
i also have msd wires, and you can bend around-good stuff

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Whose heads is he running? How far are the plugs recessed? Would you route the plug wires down and around tot he rear? Is it a front drive distributor? There are a ton of boots available. For BBC, we are using that ProMod 45 that our dealer Gene posted on 90% of the sets that go out. Hope these pics help.

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I always use a 90* boot and run the wires underneath the headers and loomed close to the block as possible. Right now I use the Ultra 40's and they are a great wire, but next time I'll try the Firecore's...I hear they're even better.:cool:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill take another look and see if 90's are possible. they are brodix racerite heads . the problem is a few of the tubes go towards the plug location so they block being able to use a straight boot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts