Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, can someone explain how this happens?

I get up this morning and find a spam email sent from my own AOL email account plus a bunch of "returned email" notices. Evidently, a batch of emails were sent out through my email account to a bunch of other emails that this AOL has in it's memory from past legitimate emails I have sent out to friends and such. This happened overnight when my computer was turned off and does not show up in my "sent" folder.

How do these scammers/spammers do this and how do I stop it?

And no, I do not sleepwalk...;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
change your password on your account. .Did you open or go into any application on facebook where it said you had to "grant permission" to info to complete that app.? . .FB is full of that stuff.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
change your password on your account. .Did you open or go into any application on facebook where it said you had to "grant permission" to info to complete that app.? . .FB is full of that stuff.
Don't think so but yes, I guess I will have to change the damn password. Thanks.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I've been getting that shit for a few years ...... what I hate is if I send an EMail to Super ChevyI get spam Chevy shit ........ If I send one to a TV Station I get spam deals on Big Screen TV's :confused:

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been getting that shit for a few years ...... what I hate is if I send an EMail to Super ChevyI get spam Chevy shit ........ If I send one to a TV Station I get spam deals on Big Screen TV's :confused:
It's embaressing as hell to have some scammer/spammer send junk with your legitmate email.

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
At least now I don't have to tell you that you've been hacked, I got an email from you last night titled "holla".

Somehow I didn't think you'd start off an email that way, I just deleted it.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
last time i looked at spam account 78 when i do open the little line thats says delete all spam i click on IT AND IT ALL GOES AWAY now tell me why any one would read SPAM

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least now I don't have to tell you that you've been hacked, I got an email from you last night titled "holla".

Somehow I didn't think you'd start off an email that way, I just deleted it.
Yea, I saw you were on the list and I cringed. :(

·
Troublemaker
4,626 Posts
No worries, there are plenty of other people like you still using AOL/Hotmail/Yahoo email. Those all seem to get hacked rather often, I see stuff a few times a week from various racers that are definite spam. Gotten used to just deleting it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Did you see the AOL notice a few weeks ago about them losing peoples email when they did an upgrade? Are you sure it might not have been this. Although when they put them back there should have been a new folder called "recovered mail"

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you see the AOL notice a few weeks ago about them losing peoples email when they did an upgrade? Are you sure it might not have been this. Although when they put them back there should have been a new folder called "recovered mail"
Don't remember any email from AOL.

I changed my password this morning, will see it that takes car of it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
No worries, there are plenty of other people like you still using AOL/Hotmail/Yahoo email. Those all seem to get hacked rather often, I see stuff a few times a week from various racers that are definite spam. Gotten used to just deleting it.

Ive had Yahoo forever and never had a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts