Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not that one.... the one that says "Thank you for helping us build our business, we don't need you anymore" their goal is to sell to warehouses only & eliminate the HP line of distributors. If you have not looked in a while, the eliminated most of the HP distributors online about a month ago. I have not got my letter yet, but talking to my sales rep its coming...

·
Registered
9,604 Posts
Not that one.... the one that says "Thank you for helping us build our business, we don't need you anymore" their goal is to sell to warehouses only & eliminate the HP line of distributors. If you have not looked in a while, the eliminated most of the HP distributors online about a month ago. I have not got my letter yet, but talking to my sales rep its coming...
Well ain't that just a KICK in the BALLZZZ....

That kind of shit pisses me off......
WTF are they thinking??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ain't that just a KICK in the BALLZZZ....

That kind of shit pisses me off......
WTF are they thinking??

I'm thinking it will hurt them.... they seem to think otherwise. If I understand it correctly, they will have three price structures. Everyone now is at the same %. To retain the same % you have today, you must have high annual sales of HP line only... other parts do not count. If I manufactured parts like they do, I would want as many people in the transmission business using/promoting/selling my product.... we will see.

2,155 Posts
Looks like they have a pretty good deal with Summit and Jegs selling their products.

I tried a few years back getting an account with Sonnax, I'm just too small to justify them selling directly to me.

I have always used Transtar to purchase the Sonnax products I wanted to use. Once Summit started selling it was often way cheaper to purchase items from them. Transtar caught in to this and now offer price matching but it can be a pain sometimes.

My first thought was that Sonnax is using Summit's vast warehouse footprint to store their products at least the HP products.

2,155 Posts
Both Sonnax and Transtar are owned by equity investment corp. Go figure

Transtar is owned by Transtar Holdings, they own a bunch of automotive related companies.

Back when I started building transmissions in 1990 I opened an account at Trans Star in Mesquite Texas. It was started by Robbie and Sherry in their garage. Once Axiom bought Repco they then took over Trans Star and became Transtar.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I see it more and more every day.
Either the buy in is so huge or you just get denied because you're too small.
The American dream is slowly slipping away.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
My first thought was that Sonnax is using Summit's vast warehouse footprint to store their products at least the HP products.[/QUOTE]

The Sonnax parts I've gotten through Summit have all shipped right from Sonnax. But it's been a couple years now.

2,155 Posts
My first thought was that Sonnax is using Summit's vast warehouse footprint to store their products at least the HP products.
The Sonnax parts I've gotten through Summit have all shipped right from Sonnax. But it's been a couple years now.[/QUOTE]
The Arlington, Texas store has tons of their products on the shelf.

I will say this what is not in stock is shipped directly from Sonnax and it seems to get to me faster and for free shipping, something I didn't get from Transtar.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Any of you smaller buyers can set up an account with Nickels Performance in Tennessee. They are a Sonnax dealer with great pricing.
They are also owned by Transtar....

2,155 Posts
Any of you smaller buyers can set up an account with Nickels Performance in Tennessee. They are a Sonnax dealer with great pricing.
They are also owned by Transtar....
Nickels Performance is an odd company to deal with. I have had an account with Transtar since 1990, yet Nickels will not give me an account. They do sell some of the same products that Transtar sells, but Transtar has me priced higher. My account manager has to go in and adjust the prices.

Nickels had a very large inventory at my local Transtar distributor her in Dallas. One day all the Nickels employees were told to go home and they removed all the performance stuff from the store. Not sure what happened.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had hoped to maybe piggy back with a couple of other distributors to keep the numbers up & keep my discount level the same... but that does not seemed to be happening very quickly. When Transtar first acquired Nickles performance I had to fight to establish a account (discount level was pretty high-and I could use my transtar account) ... then it was almost impossible to get anything shipped from them.... took for ever to place a order.... it just was easier to buy from motorstate/lane automotive.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Yea, what a kick in the nuts ?!.

I believe as you said it will hurt them in the long run.. this went effective July 15, 2019.

I see some talking how they buy it cheaper than Summit, heck we sell it for less than Summit and free shipping too..

www.vincentperformance.com

On the site we have MAP pricing like any business is required to list at.. but call or message us to get our reg prices..

We stayed on level 1 (25K yearly minimum)

I was told to stay on the deep deal (like we have been) it’s a $100K min annually!

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I had hoped to maybe piggy back with a couple of other distributors to keep the numbers up & keep my discount level the same... but that does not seemed to be happening very quickly. When Transtar first acquired Nickles performance I had to fight to establish a account (discount level was pretty high-and I could use my transtar account) ... then it was almost impossible to get anything shipped from them.... took for ever to place a order.... it just was easier to buy from motorstate/lane automotive.
Are you referring to Sonnax ?

I think if 3-4 could buy under one acct, we could keep our deep deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts