Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered 2 tanks from them and they were not what was discussed. We ordered 2 tanks for 99-04 cars. We got 2 fox body tanks that were rusty and they just cut a big hole out and welded on a $20 sump. They are rude, make threats and screw you out of your money. What ever you do if they tell you to return the product COD do not do it because they wont accept it and you will be out those costs as well. You can refer to this thread for pictures as well for the crap that they send you.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312140

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Business Name:
southern outlaw shop 2 (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email:
[email protected]
Business Contact Information
Customer Service Email:
[email protected] Customer Service Phone:
870-212-1822
Amount sent:
-$640.00 USD Fee amount:
$0.00 USD Net amount:
-$640.00 USD
Date:
Oct 29, 2010 Time:
11:57:35 PDT Status:
Completed
Subject:
You've got money! Note:
Payment for 2 Sumped Fuel Tanks for 2 cars that are 1999-2004 cars Suction Side should have a 3/4 Fitting. Funding Type:
Credit Card Funding Source:
$640.00 USD - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *SOUTHERNOUT".

it clearly says in that for 99-04 cars as well

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Southern Outlaw Shop - Yellow Bullet Forums

Cliffnotes:
Ordered two sumped tanks from The southern outlaw shop. 99-04, baffled, return line seperated from the feed, add a drain and -12an fittings. The tanks are to be direct bolt-ins using GT parts.
Prepaid $640; $320 each for two tanks delivered thru paypal.
Was promised delivery in two weeks.
Was given a new excuse every other week. "We had to special order the fittings" "Still waiting on the fittings to ship" "Waiting on special valve for the drain" "Waiting on special boxes that were ordered" etc....
After two months this thread on Yellowbullet was created to get them motivated.
A friend of the shop noticed the thread on yellowbullet and convinced SOS to finally ship them.
Once they showed up they were two rusted foxbody tanks with no baffles, the return line was 3" from the feed.

We called and told him that they were nothing like what we had discussed.
The owner had no idea that a foxboday tank was different than a 99-04.
Took pictures of a newer tank to show Chris that they were different.
After a few days we finally talked them into allowing us to ship them back.
Shipped them COD as they requested.
Paid around $70 to ship them back.
They refused to receive the tanks and didn't bother to call us to tell us that they had.
The tanks are now back in Virginia waiting for us to pay for the return shipping.
Jeff called them back today and was cussed out over the phone. Basically was told he was a dumbass for not making them work.
When it comes down to it if they were baffled as said in the advertisement on their site we would probably have just cleaned them up and made them work.

Link to what we based the order off of.
http://www.thesouthernoutlawshop.co...com_virtuemart&Itemid=165&vmcchk=1&Itemid=165

This is what we ended up getting from glen's performance. $400 each and everything is perfect on them. Both tanks are brand new, baffled, the return is discharged outside of the sump and it will accept all of the original accessories. Hell even my fuel filler neck will fit in it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
never dealt with this shop, BUT if you don't know that a fox body tank is different from a 99 to 04, then why did they even make a tank period? imo

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you paid via paypal, make a claim through paypal.
I did this when I got screwed and if you keep a level head and do it properly you should get a partial refund.

I did when I bought a transmission case and it worked for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you paid via paypal, make a claim through paypal.
I did this when I got screwed and if you keep a level head and do it properly you should get a partial refund.

I did when I bought a transmission case and it worked for me.

You only have 45 days..If you would have looked at the link you would know we did use paypal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts