Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, not one to badmouth people on the net, but these people really screwed us over last week. Had a shipment booked to be picked up on thursday in LA to be delivered in NC monday. Got a call from the customer at 8pm that they never showed up. Called Southestern Freight Friday and they said it wasn't even in there system. Then after some digging, they said they were there but the shipment wasn't ready! After numerous calls, we found out they showed up Wed, 1 day early, and was told it was scheduled for Thurs pickup but there driver never told anyone so they just let it go. So our customer is irrate, and Southeastern Freight actually told us we otta find other means of transportation that they couldn't get it there by monday and it was our problem now, not theres! Thought that was kinda rude!!! Our customer was really just looking for an apology, that's all but informed us now to NEVER use them again! Oh well, we'll scratch Southearstern Freight off our list of carriers that we use everyday!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
It took me years to find a decent outfit for shipping my transmissions. I have been using Old Dominion Freight Lines for about 4 years now. And to date, every person I've dealt with is friendly and responsive to my needs. Not to mention they haven't dropped the ball yet. I'm sure someone has had a bad experience with them, but not me nor any of my clients that I'm aware of.

I tried all the big names before settling on them. Between late pick ups and deliveries, broken transmissions that mysteriously showed up with busted cases to pallets that wound up in the wrong state... I've seen it all. I feel you pain buddy!

g

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,471 Posts
few months ago had a ltl pickup , usually they are pretty good with being in before 5pm , no show , the customer scheduled the pickup with trucking company , the trucking company told the customer the frieght wasnt ready when they actually never showed up ....i deal with it all the time usually i hang around late if i have frieght going out but couldnt that week . o well shit happens

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, we deal with alot of different LTL companies too as thats our business as a freight broker. I just can't believe after speaking to 3 different 'bosses' that none of them even apologized or admitted they were in the wrong. Oh well, life goes on!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Dealt with ltl carriers for 20 years plus. Their are good ones, and bad ones. The only way to "semi guarantee" a shipment is to pay the guaranteed service which is usually quite a bit more. I have certain carriers we use for certain areas, and some good contacts at certain terminals (terminal managers). Bottom line is, their are quite a few hands involved in every shipment and it only takes one person to screw up the procedure and make the shipment late or never get it picked up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts