Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a rumor going around that by some strange circumstance the track may re open....

it's a rumor.. I've heard more recently though... I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

2ND TIME IVE HEARD

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I AM GETTING WORD ITS REAL.......

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DALLAS GA.

·
Senior with common sense
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it closed down in 2006
someone found a way to use some provision in the law where they can use the facility 2 times a month to race on..
word is it happening............

if this is true it will be nice....

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,702 Posts
That would be cool

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
it closed down in 2006
someone found a way to use some provision in the law where they can use the facility 2 times a month to race on..
word is it happening............

if this is true it will be nice....
I've checked with numerous people I know down here and no one I know has heard any of this. The place is in really bad shape. As much as I'd like to see it open, it seems unrealistic to me. But, what the hell do I know :rolleyes:

·
Beyond old
3,949 Posts
Was originally owned by Charles Hardy, the local Chevy dlr. His boys ran it.
I raced there, in the 70's. It was originally a 1/4 mi. However, once cars got to be much faster, [and a couple wrecks], it went to 1/8'th.
Back in the day, we had some fun match races, w/ the old names, such as Don Nicholson, etc.
Last I heard, the property was to be a shopping center. Guess that hasn't happened.
Hope they do reopen it, and make the improvements necessary.

·
Super Moderator
45,877 Posts
That's a nice change from hearing about yet another drag strip closing it's doors.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
GoogleMaps.Com shows a really run down, overgrown property. It would take a LOT of money to bring it back, and there are homes/apts very close. Hope ya'll can swing it just the same. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
11,461 Posts
GoogleMaps.Com shows a really run down, overgrown property. It would take a LOT of money to bring it back, and there are homes/apts very close. Hope ya'll can swing it just the same. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.
Drag cars are silly fast today. if racers were not so selfish, and put on real mufflers. to make the noise a moot point to those around the tracks, there would be no issue.
the old out of sight/hearing out of mind.
But no. they'll keep running open pipes then cry when another track gets shut down.
common sense isn't so common.

·
Registered
17,567 Posts
Drag cars are silly fast today. if racers were not so selfish, and put on real mufflers. to make the noise a moot point to those around the tracks, there would be no issue.
the old out of sight/hearing out of mind.
But no. they'll keep running open pipes then cry when another track gets shut down.
common sense isn't so common.
If racers would keep their cars as quiet as the truck you keep parked in your driveway all would be good. On second thought, if all the racers had cars in the same condition as your truck all the tracks would be closed do to no car count

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
11,461 Posts
If racers would keep their cars as quiet as the truck you keep parked in your driveway all would be good. On second thought, if all the racers had cars in the same condition as your truck all the tracks would be closed do to no car count
You should do stand up.
post your 100 point judged class vehicle?

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is a rumor going around that by some strange circumstance the track may re open....

it's a rumor.. I've heard more recently though... I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

2ND TIME IVE HEARD
I believe the track being hopefully re-opened is the old Hinesville Raceway Park. It's a track built in the late 90's in southeast GA, near Walthourville. Looks reasonable on Google Earth. Regards, Chase

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Raced there in the 80's. That place was fun, but played favorites more than any place I'd ever raced before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts