Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new clutch in my 94 Cummins. Used to pull 10,000 lb loaded trailer. It currently has heavy duty clutch from south bend but just asking to see if something better or are they still top of the line. Current one has been in there for 10 years or so.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I never used a SB but I jut picked up a Centerforce Dual Friction for my F-350 and it’s one sweet looking part. I’ve used several CF clutches on different cars without any problems.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,375 Posts
im not up to date on whats out there, but had a SB dual disc metallic in my 03 ram.... new truck has aisin transmission got tired of shifting gears

·
Registered
33,084 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Last clutch was a South bend, did well, ended up losing the flywheel before the clutch wore out. New one is an Auto Zone special, $450 for the kit, its drives amazing but I haven't used it loaded too much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
South Bend is the only clutch that I put in. Double disc in all my diesel pickups. Probably put in 12 different pickups for customers. I have had awesome luck with them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Installed several in mine and friends trucks with great results. Wouldn't hesitate to ever use one.
Mark

·
Registered
619 Posts
In my 97 ive run a couple south bends with good luck the one thats in it now is a valair dd and it does good alittle noisy but I can handle that and a friend was a dealer so I gave it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts