Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to say that we wrecked the car yesterday while bracket racing. No fault of the track at all. My fault, when I tapped the brakes at the 1/8 stripe, brakes locked, blew both tires, hit the right guard wall hard in the right front, lucky to get her stopped. Could have been much worse. Safety systems did their job...front frame, funny car cage, roll bar padding, Helmet, Hans, Neck Collar, etc. Only damage is to the front of the car., & all repairable. Thanks to all for the help at the track, & especially SCR staff, Chad, Jeff, etc. Sore but will be fine. Still learning the hard way. Dialed a 4.65 taking a lot of power out to get down the track (leaving @ 8*), .016 RT was running dead on at 155...but competitor was .001 RT .01 number off...can't beat that package.

Already thinking about the fix-up...

·
RED ROCKET
8,634 Posts
just seen it on facebook fofo.....put some sportsman front tires on if your gonna do the brake dancing at the track..main thing is your ok and will race another day.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but sounds like you did a hell of a job keeping the shiny side up. Good luck on the repairs and healing!!

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. More disappointed in myself than anything else. The heat of the competition just got the best of me. Lesson learned. Just like Life itself. Nobody's fault but my own.

When it violently darted to the right guard wall, with the blown front tires, it really caught me off guard, & I was just along for the ride. After it hit the wall, I got my senses back, & everything went in to "slow motion" mode, & I had the time to lean back my head & back farther into the seat under the funny car gauge & brace for the next big hit that never came, as my foot on the brake skidded the car to a stop without hitting the other guard wall. I was very relieved, as for a moment when the car was doing about 155, & going sideways down the track, I thought she was going to barrel roll. Very fortunate for sure. Thank God.

Already working on the re-build plans & Budget...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am sorry you hurt the car and glad to hear you are ok. But why on earth were you bracket racing? That just added to the whole mix of getting the car straight , now factor et's, dial in, reaction times and running to the stripe or not (peddling).not giving you shit.just hate seeing people tear up their cars.especially ones as nice as yours.
Just glad you are ok.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I am sorry you hurt the car and glad to hear you are ok. But why on earth were you bracket racing? That just added to the whole mix of getting the car straight , now factor et's, dial in, reaction times and running to the stripe or not (peddling).not giving you shit.just hate seeing people tear up their cars.especially ones as nice as yours.
Just glad you are ok.
we race t/s its a fast bracket class.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sorry to see this! Give you BIG credit for owning your own mistake. We all make mistakes. Just remember it could always be worse. Good luck on the rebuild!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Sorry to see this! Give you BIG credit for owning your own mistake. We all make mistakes. Just remember it could always be worse. Good luck on the rebuild!
^^^^this

No shame in mistakes. We all make them. As long as we learn from our mistakes, that is all that matters.

As I've heard before -

"wise is the man who learns from his mistakes, But the wisest learns from other's mistakes."

I'm glad you're ok and hopefully someone else sees this and learns as well.

You never know, Fofo, this mistake could have saved another's life.

good luck on the rebuild - always a good excuse to make things how you wanted them ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
fo fo sorry about the car ... do u think the header and all the heat caused the tire to blow ????? just asking hate to see that happen when u are getting after it with the tune ....

1 - 20 of 93 Posts