Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And ordered some front springs....I had a post earlier asking opinions on which length and weight, and just decided to call them....they recommended 14in 110lbs, which souunds awefully light to me, but the only thing I know to do is put them on and try them, but next week I do believe I will be ordering sone adj struts......sooo just out of curiosity what are folks running on the rear? Sping weight??? Thanks for the help folks.....I'm running qa1 d/a, but I can't rem what weight off had. Will have to look in the morn, when I get off work...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I was just going to order 14" 130's and decided to check back here first and now this, LOL. After you try them out post up how they worked. Good luck

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man I def will! Sounds very light to me, but all I ca1n do is try it...130 sounds better to me, but I'm sure they know better than me! LOL

·
Registered
548 Posts
Don't know my front weight anymore since I took more off but I have 110 lbs front springs and got 1.32 60 ft last pass when I burnt my clutch up

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know my front weight anymore since I took more off but I have 110 lbs front springs and got 1.32 60 ft last pass when I burnt my clutch up
I'm doing 1.31 now with 14in 175lb, but the spring is too long / hard....14in 175lbs

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm doing 1.31 now with 14in 175lb, but the spring is too long / hard....14in 175lbs

I went lighter cuz we had some 175 lbs on a friends 408 and couldn't 60 ft for crap so we went 135 and it went mid 1.3s. My car is lighter in the front than his so I went lighter to see what would happen.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went lighter cuz we had some 175 lbs on a friends 408 and couldn't 60 ft for crap so we went 135 and it went mid 1.3s. My car is lighter in the front than his so I went lighter to see what would happen.
See.....135 sounds better to me

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What kind of power you making?

What does the front end do now in video?

That sounds way too light, I would expect you to be on the bumper in no time, if it hooks at all...
400 on motor, spraying approx 175....I have a vid, but not sure how to post from phone. Best 5.86, 60 ft was 1.31

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You said you were going to use these new springs combined with new front struts that are adjustable, so you can tighten them up. You said you weren't going to use them with your 90/10's you have on there right now... cuz I said it would make it wheelie.

Check this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwxfSfPxxM) at .15 seconds or so, the blue mustang w/ a silver front end is one of our guys. It runs low 5's (been 5.02), has Strange single adjustables in the front (same ones I told you about), 14-110 springs, stock rear control arm locations in the housing and frame (8.8 housing), bolt-in Strange doubles in the back, stock v8 springs with 1 coil cut off in the stock location on the lower control arm, and weighs 3050 in Ultimate Street Trim. Normally runs 1.19 - 1.21 60's on the old Mickey 275's.

This car is what I was basing your spring rate off of.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
Not for nothing, but you called one of the premier stock suspension shops in the country, asked for their opinion/advice, bought their product....and then went to the internet for confirmation?? :confused:

I'm not being a dick, but if you knew better, why did you even call? Sure, you may have gotten many opinions from a lot of different people on here saying "those springs are wrong" ....but are these same people going 1.teens to the 60 foot?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Not for nothing, but you called one of the premier stock suspension shops in the country, asked for their opinion/advice, bought their product....and then went to the internet for confirmation?? :confused:

I'm not being a dick, but if you knew better, why did you even call? Sure, you may have gotten many opinions from a lot of different people on here saying "those springs are wrong" ....but are these same people going 1.teens to the 60 foot?
+1

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

Kinda what I was thinking also.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I never said, I knew better that's why I did call him! But it just "seems" so light for the front of a car. And like I said, all I can do is put them on and try them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You said you were going to use these new springs combined with new front struts that are adjustable, so you can tighten them up. You said you weren't going to use them with your 90/10's you have on there right now... cuz I said it would make it wheelie.

Check this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDwxfSfPxxM) at .15 seconds or so, the blue mustang w/ a silver front end is one of our guys. It runs low 5's (been 5.02), has Strange single adjustables in the front (same ones I told you about), 14-110 springs, stock rear control arm locations in the housing and frame (8.8 housing), bolt-in Strange doubles in the back, stock v8 springs with 1 coil cut off in the stock location on the lower control arm, and weighs 3050 in Ultimate Street Trim. Normally runs 1.19 - 1.21 60's on the old Mickey 275's.

This car is what I was basing your spring rate off of.
I will be ordering the adj struts next week. And I'm not saying u were wrong, I just wanted to hear diff opinions on them. Like I said, just seems like those little springs would buckle(coils bind) under the car, especially if the front end came off the ground.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts