Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one running the Sonny's, SEMI-HEMISPHERICAL HEADED ENGINE 5'' BORE SPACING. Or use there SEMI-HEMISPHERICAL HEAD?

·
Registered
372 Posts
naturally aspirated in top sportsman trim with a convertor & 3spd Lenco the 707 5" has run 6.53 @ 213 and the 714 5.3" with a convertor & turbo 400 has run 6.45 @ 216

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
hello Terry , been a while, that motor was one mean peice.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Our Pro Mod nitrous car runs them. We have our own CNC program for them.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks Greg, getting ready for the Seattle divisional next week but haven't raced since July 2013 at Woodburn when the racecar went into severe shake ending my racing with lower disk/nerve damage but Physio and exercise has me feeling better now.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good thinking about building one for my stock suspension 69 camaro.
naturally aspirated in top sportsman trim with a convertor & 3spd Lenco the 707 5" has run 6.53 @ 213 and the 714 5.3" with a convertor & turbo 400 has run 6.45 @ 216

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm a huge Camaro fan as I owned a new one in '68 but with a ton of torque these Hemi's make, one thing I do know looking at my RJ mountain ps racecar's chassis and looking thru the rear window there a ton of chromemoly pipe above the 9" along with a huge splined anti-sway bar so don't go cheap with the bracing if you plan to get it to hook...stock suspension lol

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Terry Wizard Racing in Louisiana do awesome work. Wanted to go turbo but Ill never get a grudge race with turbo's.Pic of car before the cage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
back '00-'04 I ran a '68 Camaro with a 598 BBC and 2 stages of n2o...loads of fun...even launched a nitrous bottle out of the trailer while warming it in a pan of water...luckily the back door was open, the bottle flew out and landed on the return road...

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
Glen, you lost on what combo u want?? I know the feeling. Just do a big nitrous deal, it's cheaper
Nope - That particular head/combustion chamber doesn't much like nitrous At All. He'd be better off with a wedge head, IF he's thinking about using nitrous.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
I would call Todd Hoerner at sonny's and talk with him.
i think the hemi head on one good kit would be just fine.. i know of a couple hemi's that ran pretty good..
now if your going to go 3 guns and really rip it then i would go with a wedge head..

if your getting a good deal on the hemi engine then go for it..
if you have a choice between the two? wedge head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts