Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...only because i get a completely different story from every person i ask, & every one thinks i'm stupid if i don't do it THEIR way. for instance, i eventually wanna go 9s with my bu, & i'm trying to sort out the rear suspension. one guy tells me i'm stupid if i leave it stock, sez i should go full adjustable with an arb, another guy tells me i'm retarded if i modify it at all, leave it stock & put a bag in the right spring. i'm gonna do it my way, & i'll just have to accept that no matter what, there'll be people who will look at it & tell me i did it all wrong. fuck!!!

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
nothing wrong with stock suspension i have gone 1.32 so far with the small motor, just don't use the air bag, put a good anti roll bar in it.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i already have adjustable heim-joint uppers with stock springs, lower ca's, & sway bar. i'll prob'ly keep the stock springs, but replace the stock sway bar with an arb from trz or bmr. i'm building a pair of adjustable lca's with solid bushings in back & rod ends up front. plus i'm gonna brace the hell out of the lca frame brackets. i'm sure someone is gonna tell me i'm overdoing it, still others will tell me i'm wasting my time & money. to them i will say thanks for your opinion, but i'm gonna do my own thang...

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
More important than anything is how much power you are gonna have. G bodies have one of the best stock suspension platforms to work with. The anti sway bar is probably the most critical piece out back. Start with what you can afford and work your way up from there.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More important than anything is how much power you are gonna have. G bodies have one of the best stock suspension platforms to work with. The anti sway bar is probably the most critical piece out back. Start with what you can afford and work your way up from there.
i know it's a good place to start. i suppose it's why i love these cars so much. like i said, i'm building my own lowers, so cost is damn near nothing, just materials, most of which i have laying around already. a good arb is a good investment once you get over 500 hp, just about mandatory over 800. i'm hoping to get close to 1,000 & still keep it functional as a street driver. (i wanna put some miles on this bastard). the front suspension will be just a pair of v6 springs, 3-way shocks, & tubular upper a-arms, nothing really exotic. sway bar is already long gone.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
...only because i get a completely different story from every person i ask, & every one thinks i'm stupid if i don't do it THEIR way. for instance, i eventually wanna go 9s with my bu, & i'm trying to sort out the rear suspension. one guy tells me i'm stupid if i leave it stock, sez i should go full adjustable with an arb, another guy tells me i'm retarded if i modify it at all, leave it stock & put a bag in the right spring. i'm gonna do it my way, & i'll just have to accept that no matter what, there'll be people who will look at it & tell me i did it all wrong. fuck!!!
What ever you end up doing be sure to reinforce the control arm mounts on the chassis well.They will move around quite a bit especially the lowers.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts