Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
IDK maybe it's just me but it kind of seems very sad that everyone is so excited to dismantle a collection that Lee spent his entire life building and was so proud of. He obviously was extremely proud of his collection and yet now it's just going to all be sold off to the highest bidder and everything split up....that saddens me greatly because I would think Lee is rolling over in his grave thinking about these wonderful items being split up....

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
IDK maybe it's just me but it kind of seems very sad that everyone is so excited to dismantle a collection that Lee spent his entire life building and was so proud of. He obviously was extremely proud of his collection and yet now it's just going to all be sold off to the highest bidder and everything split up....that saddens me greatly because I would think Lee is rolling over in his grave thinking about these wonderful items being split up....
Yup...I keep hearing/reading a lot of stuff about this...sounds like the significant other couldn't wait to get rid of the stuff...keeping his friends off the property...and so on.

Makes me wonder what the other side of the story is. I know of a couple of widows who got treated like dirt during the marriage, and took their revenge after the funeral. Not saying that's the case here...

·
Registered
178 Posts
about 15-17 years ago there was a similiar collection in David City, NE that belonged to Leo Bongers that was offered to the state if they would put a building and maintain it. They declined the offer and the collection was auctioned. It was like a 5 day auction. There was a 1900's Harley that ended up being bought by HD that sold for somewhere near $110,000.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, If I had a few million Id buy the property and all, I just am amazed at what the guy collected over the years!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts