Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to build something nutty for a bit, and settled on an exocet from exomotive. Basically it's a tube chassis that uses miata subframes and suspension, that is about 80-90% the physical footprint of a miata (read: TINY).

All the miata V8 stuff basically more or less bolts on and it all fits (more space in the tube chassis). Originally I was going to do a supercharged LSA miata, but this won't cost much more with a N/A LS3 and the stupid/fun factor is going to be way higher.

Plans currently are a basic 416ci LS3/T56 with ported stock heads and a medium/big cam - should make 550rwhp or so, 500 ft/lbs. Nothing fancy, but nothing fancy is needed. The final weight of this thing is going to be roughly 1600 pounds, obviously an absurd power to weight ratio for a toy car.

Settled on a color called "Transparent Copper" for the chassis powdercoat - it looks very similar to GM's sunset orange metallic in person, with Midnight Blue/Black bodywork (looks black with a slight blue hint in bright sun).

http://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/P-5162S/TRANSPARENT-COPPER/

Any way, the lead time is about 22 weeks right now, so I'm not going to have too much interesting to post in the meantime, excepting perhaps me getting the powerplant put together/ready to drop in. Going to be a fun project :cool:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
That looks like it will be a badass lite toy!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Production has begun...

Needs to roll:

Find a donor car in KS (Frt hubs, brakes, harness, steer column, rack)
Order V8roadsters ls3 subframe and t56 batwing mount
Order Getrag mount/axles/driveshaft to mate to T56 in exocet
Source good 01-02 F body T56
Figure out a light clutch to use
Coilover kit, have to figure out useful spring rate
Finish 416ci LS3
Order hot rod harness/ecu/pedal from GMPP
Order wheels and tires(15x8, 15x10) Thinking 245/40/15 and 275/35/15 Hoosier A7s for fun and 245/50/15 Toyo R888s all around for street driving. Maybe some ET pros for hurting feelings on occasion? Width is pretty much unlimited since there are no fenders or body to interfere with, only concern is keeping enough heat in the tires.

Longer term/ finish items for road race, downforce isn't going to be an option with this much power.

Source a Nascar COT wing for the lower front
Source a second COT wing for the rear, or an APR GTC200 wing.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up having to go stock stroke due to clearance issues with steering rack (its tight!)

Here's where it sits right now, chassis due later this month. Got to do the bushings, clean+paint the pieces, and a few minor touches. Ordered a shit ton of parts today to get it ready. Just moved into a new house with a secondary garage that's insulated/air conditioned and heated, so it will be a great build space.

·
draggin' ass
13,385 Posts
Reminds me of the Suzuki Escudo.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts