Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in Crooklyn and over the last few weeks, we've noticed a particular group of guys taking up all the parking spaces on the side street outside of our building with random unregistered vehicles

On a daily basis, one guy drives up with an Infiniti, pops the trunk where he keeps a box full of keys and a bunch of out of state license plates, then hands them out to his colleagues to mount on the cars and shuffle them around for the night

We're talkin 15 to 20 cars, so we just figured he's running a shop or dealer nearby and just storing them out on the street

Thing is, a couple days ago he had a few newish lookin Toyota Sequoia's and Sienna's and had some guy in a Range Rover pull up and rip out their instrument clusters

Now, one can only assume what they were doing, but I'm sure he wasn't just changing out the backlight bulbs lol

Some of them got wind that we were gawkin at them from our 2nd floor hallway and the guy pulling the clusters stuck them in his jacket and took off with his Range Rover, leaving both Sequoia's wide open with their dashes pulled apart

About 20 minutes later, he parked in the gas station and walked back with the clusters hidden in a shopping bag

We hid behind gaps in the windows as he looked around to see if the coast was clear, then he had them both installed in a matter of minutes before taking off again

Got some sh!tty potato quality video (damn thing won't focus with the stupid window grid)

·
I.Y.H.R.F.24.7.365
10,329 Posts
Fool post here instead of calling the cops.
but y-b hates thieves.
Guess it's all good as long as it aint your whip. Aye

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Turn your video over to the police and tell them what you have seen.
Already submitted what I have to the head of security as well as an NYPD sergeant (their shooting range is in the building next door), but even he said not to expect much to happen :confused:

With everything going on right now, shit like this is the least of their worries :rolleyes:

GAMO PELLET RIFLE...JUST FOR FUN..OR A SLINGSHOT..IF YOU'RE GOOD..WITH BALL BEARINGS...
This is NY :cautious:

Can't even have a BB gun here :censored:

Have a bunch of Gamo rifles at my house in Florida though ;)

·
Smart Ass Conservative
105,637 Posts
can of gas and a flare gun will get the problems towed away

Reactions: Bojo1961

·
Registered
79 Posts
Call the cops. There's way too much car theft going on right now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
16,588 Posts
Fool post here instead of calling the cops.
but y-b hates thieves.
Guess it's all good as long as it aint your whip. Aye
This is typical of you FAILon... how the fuck do you know if he talked to the cops or not? Why not just STFU and go mow yer fuckin junkyard?

Reactions: rtgz71

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Pulling clusters sounds like they are a bunch of lease returns with too many miles on them. Dude pops the clusters goes to his close by shop kicks the clocks back and they take the car back to the dealer. heard it was about $1500 to do this these days..
You'd think a modern ECU would keep track of the mileage and if it suddenly decreases several thousand miles that would throw a hard DTC.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You'd think a modern ECU would keep track of the mileage and if it suddenly decreases several thousand miles that would throw a hard DTC.
It's stored in a prom in the cluster and he probably just went around the corner to reset it like this....

The ECU does keep track of mileage for certain data, but only for limited amount of time and it can be cleared by anyone using TechStream

There's also an option for odometer adjustment in authorized corporate levels of TechStream, but that doesn't come cheap

It's the same with GM's Tech2 as only a handful of dealers actually had an authorized version to make ODO adjustments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts