Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
I've used Comps Endurex without any problems on the street. Solid roller 582 bbc, 280lbs on the seat close to 800 over the nose. I drove it pretty much every day for about 14 months. All my errands, back and forth to work etc. Even drove it during winter in temps as low as 19 degrees. Probably around 2500 miles on them and they look like new. Rollers are nice and quiet. I'm going to put in a new set and have this set rebuilt. I don't think I'd any more miles on anybodies solid rollers than what I did. I used a set of those Herbert bulk rollers one time and the lasted for 3 years in my street driven 427Capri.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Waiting on my carb to be built for my 408w. But i am using morels.its a pump gas motor. Will let u know how they work out soon,hopefully....

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've used Comps, Crower, Lunati, at some point and have broken at least one lifter per set. It was a driver, streetrace car. My thoughts are spring pressure and amount of low idling you do will determine how many miles you get. One set, I made a mistake in a race rev'd beyond valve control, it didn't take but 50 mile drive home lost a lifter.

·
I've Got The Cure
2,629 Posts
Crower were the ones we used on the street. Never really had a problem with any lifters. It was always valve springs.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have bullets lifters in mine. They are a relabeled Morel pressure fed deal. I have 3 years on them 2000/2500 miles and 50 passes or so and no issues. I haven't had them out yet, gonna check them out this winter.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I ran Comp cams solid rollers for 8 years. No issues with street driving. In 2010 I sent them in to comp to be rebuilt. They all could all be rebuilt except for 2 and they had to be replaced. When I went to AFR245's in early 2012 I went with comp cams endurex. No problems.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Use a lifter that fits the bore. I see to many under size lifters, Last Ford block that customer had Comps and they were .873 and need to bush the block to get the clearance correct.

I am partial to the Morel lifter they seem to bed to the OEM spec as far as size.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Ive ran the Comp Endure-X for about 3 years in my 489 BBC. Never had any trouble until I put a set of 0.060 oil restrictors in the block (was having drainback / windage issues) and after about 500 miles of low RPM street driving the lifters are beat pretty good. They def need rebuilding and I think a couple of them are shot. No doubt in my mind, Ive gotta open the restrictors up some.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Use a lifter that fits the bore. I see to many under size lifters, Last Ford block that customer had Comps and they were .873 and need to bush the block to get the clearance correct.

I am partial to the Morel lifter they seem to bed to the OEM spec as far as size.
Yes! What he said!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have used comp endurex lifters years ago in a race only application. 300 seat 850 open spring psi. Didnt last a season without breaking. Broke 2 one season. Stay away from cheap chinese built lifters.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
On Drag Week I have seen all brands have issues. I repeat all brands................ I dont think the lifter is always at fault its the result most of the time is my guess

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have seen more comp lifter failures than any other. There probably is more comp lifters being used though. I wont touch them any more. Highly recomend a bushing style lifter. I know they will all break and alot do because of tight lifter bores. Its important they are clearanced correct. I personaly like them bushed unless its a aluminum block.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I ran Comp Endurex and Crane without problems but I never had the balls to run them more than 3 years. I figured it was cheaper to replace them than the engine. I eventually chickened out and went to Morel Hyd rollers and love the peace of mind.
Tom

·
Registered
123 Posts
I put in Crower EnduraMax .904 in my BBC and I bushed the block. I have very few miles on it, but so far no problem

·
Registered
402 Posts
I put in Crower EnduraMax .904 in my BBC and I bushed the block. I have very few miles on it, but so far no problem
Im on my 3rd season on them with no issues. I like them but have heard negative stuff about them too. Morel is probably the best lifter, I will try them next time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used crowers in a 374 cui Cleveland made 784 @8500 single 4 barrel
Wasn't a street engine but customer couldn't help himself. Drove it around
Couple of car shows dropped 2 lifters
Never made drag strip,will be freshening up once customer drops off,look at another lifter combo maybe even tame camshaft down a bit too

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I'm going to run Jesel's in mine when the time comes. Did you guys install bushings in the block or not?
On a Jesel lifters they run small compared to OEM you may need to bush back to standard if your going to a .904 machine and hone to the proper clearance.

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
I have used comp endurex lifters years ago in a race only application. 300 seat 850 open spring psi. Didnt last a season without breaking. Broke 2 one season. Stay away from cheap chinese built lifters.

Are they built in China? Where'd you get that information from? I'd like to see that.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts