Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I keep my bottle psi @ 950 max! usually 900psi at the launch. Ball valve opened after burnerout. All purged out after the run . Never had to rebuild one. (never had a dimple) I still look at them every so often though. The BIG psi left on the plungers for a extended period of time is what kills them. As far as coils go i never had one fail there either. I filter all my stuff also.

·
Super Moderator
12,158 Posts
As Ray said, pressure is what commonly kills a plunger if they are Teflon. Depending on the make of your solenoids you may want to look at them and replace the plungers if they are NOT Teflon from the start.. Also when you open your bottle or 1/4 turn valves you want to open them slowwwwwly at first so you don't hammer the plunger with pressure at this point either.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
136 Posts
;)
As Ray said, pressure is what commonly kills a plunger if they are Teflon. Depending on the make of your solenoids you may want to look at them and replace the plungers if they are NOT Teflon from the start.. Also when you open your bottle or 1/4 turn valves you want to open them slowwwwwly at first so you don't hammer the plunger with pressure at this point either.. Thanks, SJ
makes sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts