Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a softline kit (.060 ID hose) with 4 of the large type of Edelbrock noids and the thing hits super hard with a chickenshit tune up, Im pretty damn sure its the soft line kit that makes it hit like this, my hardline kit was softer with much bigger pills. Just wanted to hear some other opinions.

Thanks!

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
If both kits have the same solinoids on them, then the one with the least amount of volume after the solinoid(s) will hit harder. This includes line cross section, length and any distribution blocks in that are inbetween the solinoids and the point where the kit enters the engine.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
That ^^^ and (secondary to volume) the number of sudden bends and size transitions, I think that is one of the reasons for soft lines working well in many apps by reducing the number of sharp bends, and size transitions (flow disturbance) you increase the velocity (to the jet) through an equal system. This and the reduction in total volume already mentioned allows the system to hit harder.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Im really liking the soft line kits so far. Im told no more than a .030 jet with .060 ID line? Ive yet to try anything other than what we stuck in there from the get-go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts