Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Speedtech soft line kit and we got into a discussion about the fact that it wont make power do to the line size will restrict flow,no matter what jet size. What does anybody think ? your experiences ?

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Have generally heard about 250-300 HP tops...

·
Registered
10,234 Posts

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Not only do "softline" kits use smaller, 1/8 tubing, most all are single solenoid kits. These two factors, greatly reduce the lb/hr flow, relative to the jet.............meaning a .032 jet in a softline kit, flows nowhere near the same amount of nitrous, as .032s in a regular, 3/16 line, 4 solenoid kit. As to "how much", as always, depends on the combination of parts. About the most I have ever gotten from a "softline" kit, was 1100lb/hr, which is close to 300.

Monte

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a single bottom exit .116 solenoid with the small lines. Running 28 20 right now and it's clean. I want to up it. Was told the nitrous side doesn't flow as well. I was gonna try 30 22 and see if it's still clean

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I run a Speedtech softline with a. 157 noid and. 032's is all it will handle.

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
These kits will run with larger then a .032 jet but the returns are very limited. We have modified a few of them and it helps get the power levels and flow up but the tunes change quite a bit from what most would try.. SJ

·
Registered
967 Posts
To truely know how to handle these systems and tune them with sucess it is best to have them flowed for what tuneups you might actualy use. With that being said I can't believe how many of them there is out there. When a regular hardline system is could be easily be installed with a little plaining instead of some zip ties and go with it. Yes in some positions it is necessary but that is just my take on it. Back to the point it depends on all the componets in the system there is more to it than just softline.

KG

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
The reason you see so many softline kits now, is because of many things. They are ideal for 3rd, or even 2nd systems on many cars. Yes a 4 solenoid, hardline kit delivers more, but how many guys, can really use ALL the nitrous a couple of those can pass. Another factor is cost and packaging on the intake. Most guys put one fogger on, with no intentions of ever adding a second. That makes plumbing another system extremely tough in some situations, without totally reengineering everything on the intake. Some guys just don't want to sink that much into having the systems redone, if they only plan to add a marginally sized second or third gun. Everything has it's place

Monte

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
To truely know how to handle these systems and tune them with sucess it is best to have them flowed for what tuneups you might actualy use. With that being said I can't believe how many of them there is out there. When a regular hardline system is could be easily be installed with a little plaining instead of some zip ties and go with it. Yes in some positions it is necessary but that is just my take on it. Back to the point it depends on all the componets in the system there is more to it than just softline.

KG
I'm with you on this one as well. When flowing these systems there are a few things that can be done to get them to work with over a .032 jet, we have done this several times..

As for using the hardline instead, I prefer this method as well. One of the reasons I don't like the soft lines too is I have seen them not get pushed in properly and pop out of the fitting resulting in a leak and or fire in a few cases. I also try and design our system to give a guy more then he thinks he will ever need just so later when he changes his mind it's there.. ;)

As for adding a send system to an existing manifold with a hard line system, we do this as well all the time. Just have to plumb in a different manner then most like to do, but it actually works great as well..

Bottom line is it really comes down to each guys preference and what they are truely after. I understand some love these systems and they work great for them, and I also understand you couldn't give some guys one of these systems. Just a choice each of us have.. Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
967 Posts
I understand Monte they do have there place. Just see a lot that a hardline kit would have fit in its place that's all.

KG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts