Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 194 Posts

·
Long Live The King
101,309 Posts
10 4.

As for 7500 700hp na with nitrous on top. That was going on all the time in the 80s with stock dove blocks, and offset ground nodular cast cranks. Many with iron heads done by Buddy Jensen , the king of cast iron.
‘91 built a 512” with a 4.140” offset ground crank. It was cammed to make power to 6,200. It made 710 hp. We put a 250 shot on it and would spin it 6,400 in the boat. Ran that thing hard for two years then built the 565 in ‘93.

Reactions: Faster7

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,814 Posts
Stock SCJ valve train parts will easily make 7500 RPM NA. Really nice stuff. Retrofits regular C8-D0 heads.

·
Long Live The King
101,309 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
The 514 was a really impressive combo for the coin, and the day. I saw plenty at engine systems, and remember marveling at the iron heads jensen did. Truly amazing for by hand porting. Maybe some even older ford fuck will remember him. He wasn't just ford, but did lots of them. To this day I've never seen such slick, smooth, and consistent hand porting in iron. His stuff was the edge back then. All the ports looked like fine Italian shot gun bores. Reflective smooth with a kind of rifling look that evenly twisted the length of the runners. Exactly the same port to port.

I also remember it being a grand a head for him to do it, and thinking I'd never be able to spend that.

·
Registered
10,723 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
How about 557 cubes just by using an aftermarket crank. No grinding required. We just finished a 557 build for a buddy, he used A460 heads and a hydraulic roller cam and that thing is a BEAST!!!!! Not sure on power since it wasnt dynoed but it propels th big ford truck running tractor tires through the mud pit really nicely. Lol. No way a Chevy is gonna make those cubes on a factory block.

·
Long Live The King
101,309 Posts
Which means to 89Fox,

the BBF rod journal is 2.50”. The BBC rod journal 2.20”. There is enough room on the BBF journal to move the rod journal centerline and pickup a total of .300” stroke.
the 460 BBF 3.85” stroke can be stretched to 4.15” with the smaller journal.

Reactions: 89 FOX 351

·
Registered
18,733 Posts
Did a Ford owner ass fuck your old lady while you were out fixing your broken down POS Chevy or what? You sound like a HS kid bashing every Ford related post. Grow the fuck up.
Very true and yes he really doesn't know how much he sounds like a HS kid!!

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,814 Posts
My first jet boat used Mopar LY rods. Made 488ci. Ran real good

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Long Live The King
101,309 Posts
................and I was frowned upon for my warning him that a goal of a 7,500 rpm power making 385 is not going to be built of stock Ford anything.
A well balanced/prep’ed stock crank and a good set of rods can handle 7,500 +

41 - 60 of 194 Posts