Señor Member
30,623 Posts

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
You ain't dragging me across shit.

Hitchens's razor
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

You have made assertions without evidence. You have a burden of proof you haven't met. Until that is done the conversation on your end is utterly meaningless.

It is well proven here you have made assertions that were nothing but lies & bullshit.

So lets see here...

GM built polyangle BBC heads from 1965-2000. That is a fact that directly contradicts your statement about "giving up on them."

A manufacturer screaming about the "unfairness" of the competition's package has been a part of organized racing since the beginning. I vividly remember all the Ford teams screaming when the 1995 Monte Carlo came out. This is nothing new from any side.

Chrysler was not allowed to build a polyangle engine? Who exactly prevented them? In what series? In production vehicles? By the late 1970s they were so drowning in debt they didn't have the funds to develop anything for racing. That might have had a part of what killed them in NASCAR.
Yes, Chrysler quit making them. They quit making the ORIGINAL polyangle engine because inline valve heads met their performance goals & were cheaper to produce. It was never intended to be a performance engine, that was the Hemi's job. When they needed a higher performance engine in the mid 60s they brought back the Hemi.

GM used Ford engines in Trans Am? OK. Ford uses LS engines in ARCA. This doesn't prove anything other than the race series decided to use a spec engine.

Go look at that 200+ page PDF I posted that is the design decisions of the Holden engine. There isn't a single mention of ANY Ford engines within them. Here is something that might be a new concept to you, there are other engines than Chevy & Ford.

Fun Ford Weekend outlawed Cleveland heads in every class except for PRO 5.0 (if I recall correctly). I suspect two things about that. 1) That is the reason wedge SBF engines were developed for racing 2) That was done to protect aftermarket companies' investments. Lot of Ford drag racers bitched about it at the time.
If you look at bbc and 351c head they are quite different in design. I do not think they got any styling cues from chebby once so ever.
tell me where the resemblance is??

·
Señor Member
30,623 Posts
If you look at bbc and 351c head they are quite different in design. I do not think they got any styling cues from chebby once so ever. View attachment 106567 View attachment 106568 tell me where the resemblance is??
Lets start with the size of the ports. BBC rectangular port is 2 1/2" x 1 3/4". Sound familiar?

How about valve sizes.

Sound familiar...Steveo?

How about intake port volume. The Cleveland's is smaller because the head itself isn't as wide as a BBC head. Widen the Cleveland head to BBC size and the port volumes would be very similar.

But these are just coincidences...right Steveo? 😜

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Well.... The first "Cleveland style" head was the 1969 Boss 302 with 2.25" intake and 1.71" exhaust valves. The Ford has smaller valve stems too.

I'm glad the Godzilla 7.3 is already a crate engine. Swap city for older Ford trucks!

661 - 669 of 669 Posts