Yellow Bullet Forums banner

18761 - 18780 of 19196 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Again, post up where I've ever said that. I tell ya, for some dude who tells other people they "twist words", you sure are putting words in my mouth that I've never said.
Pot, meet kettle.
Actually you did. You'll find it. And yeah, you certainly do enjoy playing twister with people.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,762
Consider yourself educated

So which is it, Henry?
Which is what? “Very Little“ means “very little“.

“If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.”

You‘re quite sure that Dan Gurney had no backing or support from Ford even though he was a contracted Ford driver in some of their major racing activities? (LeMans, Indy)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Which is what? “Very Little“ means “very little“.

“If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.”

You‘re quite sure that Dan Gurney had no backing or support from Ford even though he was a contracted Ford driver in some of their major racing activities? (LeMans, Indy)
Holy fuck you're a moron.

No, you're not getting away with changing YOUR statement mid conversation.

Here it is again.

No one built a single cylinder head, block, crankshaft or even a connecting rod (save for Mickey Thompson aluminum rods) that I know of.
When making this statement did you know of the Weslake head?

Seems to me that would be very well known for an expert such as yourself.

If you did know you either misspoke or lied. If you didn't, now you do. Either way that is a FALSE statement.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My apologies for being defensive.

I still disagree. That very slight indention would not have nearly the same effect as the Weslake heart chamber.
No need to apologize, lol, and no it wouldn't have the same effect, just showing the chamber changed a little on the C3'S

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Which is what? “
Seeing as I have to explain to you what you wrote yourself...

Now this Mystery Motor bullshit. You guys do realize that Ford did not receive this engine, Holman & Moody did. They received this engine because with less than 50 examples cast at that time Chevrolet DID NOT meet the homologation rules, therefore NASCAR forced Chevy to reveal this special race only engine.
This is a claim that H&M had nothing to do with Ford.

Then of course you had Ford backed parts from places like Holman & Moody, Bud Moore and Bill Stroppe.

What do all of those ^^^ programs have in common? They all were either developed in house by Ford or financed and supported by Ford during the Total Performance era.
This is a claim that they did.

These two statements are in direct conflict. Either one can be true or false but the two statements cannot both be true at the same time.

So, I ask again, which one is it?

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
Like I've got time for that shit, it was months ago, but keep denying what you know is true twisty.
Then find it. Stop acting like your buddies. Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. I'll deny it all day long, because I've never said that. Your Ford blinders get in the way of knowing who said what. All you see is hate for anybody saying something other than Ford praise.
You've got time, so put up or shut up.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,769
Holy fuck you're a moron.

No, you're not getting away with changing YOUR statement mid conversation.

Here it is again.

When making this statement did you know of the Weslake head?

Seems to me that would be very well known for an expert such as yourself.

If you did know you either misspoke or lied. If you didn't, now you do. Either way that is a FALSE statement.
Here is my original statement in its entirety.

HenryFloored said:
“No one built a single cylinder head, block, crankshaft or even a connecting rod (save for Mickey Thompson aluminum rods) that I know of. If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.“

You see what I was saying but your high school debating tricks hope to convince our readers that you’re correct.

Please show where I am incorrect especially in the context of our conversation.

My point is Ford had very little direct aftermarket support and hence not much good support from the hot rod journals of the day because let’s face it advertisers pay the bills. You can’t advertise and gain income for what ISN’T available from paying customers.

I had not thought about the Weslake heads but I’m certainly well aware of them. That’s why I stated there were “very little” of these things available for Ford’s at the time.

Furthermore I’m not so sure these were available commercially to the public. I’m certain race teams could get them but at what parts counter or mail order house were the Gurney Weslake cylinder heads made available to the public.

Remember that LeMans connecting rod I mentioned earlier? Yes well we had them in stock at the dealership I worked at when i was a kid.

No dude you’re just the kind of pickle that likes to hear himself talk. ALL of the points you think you’ve won on you have failed miserably.

I conceded that there were a few parts made for Ford’s but few of them surpassed the quality and performance that you could get right from the oem’s parts counter.

Why or how that ^^^ statement could annoy you is beyond me. I have no idea why you have a chip on your shoulder towards me but I remember you came at me first. What’s your point?

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,770
Seeing as I have to explain to you what you wrote yourself...

This is a claim that H&M had nothing to do with Ford.

This is a claim that they did.

These two statements are in direct conflict. Either one can be true or false but the two statements cannot both be true at the same time.

So, I ask again, which one is it?
Wow dude seriously? Did Ford Motor Company take the Mystery Motor to the engine labs in Detroit and reverse engineer it to make their own engine?

You DO REALIZE that H & M gave that engine back to GM don’t you? No you didn’t know but now you do.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,772
Here Raceputz, here’s one to keep you and P1 busy.

You guys like to put forth the notion that Ford never came up with an idea of it‘s own. Well I‘ve got one for you guys to ponder.

I think the small block Chevy and even the Kettering V8’s (Caddy and Olds) were heavily influenced by the Flathead Ford in a very important way.

I think the Siamesed intake ports (to equalize port length) and the dual plane intake manifold (to eliminate adja intake pulses) was a huge factor in the success of those engines.

I don’t know if Ford holds the patent or held the patent for the 180 degree intake on a V8 but they sure made a lot of them.

So we have paired intake ports close to the throttle body which provided air/fuel distribution to all cylinders as equal as possible and far surpassed the log manifolds that most manufacturers had on their inline engines.

If this configuration existed on another V8 ( early Cad maybe) it certainly wasn’t on any low cost V8 aimed at entry level buyers like the Ford Flathead was.

Think about that the next time you pop an intake off an sbc.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Then find it. Stop acting like your buddies. Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk. I'll deny it all day long, because I've never said that. Your Ford blinders get in the way of knowing who said what. All you see is hate for anybody saying something other than Ford praise.
You've got time, so put up or shut up.
Lol. Hate? You are delusional aren't you. I'm not the one on a ford thread babbling about bow ties now am I? It's you with all the hate and the desire to argue with anybody not pro chev, actually, just anybody in general.

·
Señor Member
30,628 Posts
There wasn’t much built for Ford’s in the 60’s that wasn’t being developed and produced right from Ford itself through their racing ventures and contractors.

No one built a single cylinder head, block, crankshaft or even a connecting rod (save for Mickey Thompson aluminum rods) that I know of. If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.
Example: the “LeMans rod for the FE and the NASCAR rod for the Boss 429.

Ford had more intake manifolds, carburetor, camshafts, valve train pieces etc than the aftermarket ever made for them.

Is it any wonder Ford’s got no play in the automotive magazine’s back in the day? IT DIDN’T PAY!

I guess I’m more aware of what went on behind the scenes because I was a car crazy kid with a penchant for Ford’s. I noticed a huge disparity in what Ford had to offer compared to the good ink they got in the hot rod magazine’s that every young car punk like me looked forward to each month.

There was the Ford Muscle Parts Program with their “Impressor”, “Controller” and “Dominator” packages that staged performance levels for every automobile engine line they produced.

Then there was the O.H.O. Program which followed the Muscle Parts program which was more of a 70’s approach to performanc.

There was a Pro Stock Pinto program and a Trans Am Mustang program. You could buy “bodies in white” for Pinto, Maverick and Mustang. My dad sold at least one Maverick body for use as a Pro Stocker. I’m not sure who’s it was.

There was the Shelby parts sold at Ford dealers. These were parts developed by the Shelby racing exploits.

Then of course you had Ford backed parts from places like Holman & Moody, Bud Moore and Bill Stroppe.

What do all of those ^^^ programs have in common? They all were either developed in house by Ford or financed and supported by Ford during the Total Performance era.

I‘m not even including the European Ford performance efforts because frankly I’m not in the know about that. I can tell you that the 2.0 EAO and the domestic version 2.3 Lima engine did a pretty good job of dominating mini stock and mini modified racing for decades. Their exploits also spurred on a class of car that virtually every open wheel racer got their start in called Formula Ford powered by the 1.6 Kent engine.
Look at that...more fan boy BS from good ol' Hank.

Says there was "no aftermarket"...yet there was plenty of aftermarket...with Furd pocketing the lion's share of the money from it.

·
Señor Member
30,628 Posts
Here Raceputz, here’s one to keep you and P1 busy.

You guys like to put forth the notion that Ford never came up with an idea of it‘s own. Well I‘ve got one for you guys to ponder.

I think the small block Chevy and even the Kettering V8’s (Caddy and Olds) were heavily influenced by the Flathead Ford in a very important way.

I think the Siamesed intake ports (to equalize port length) and the dual plane intake manifold (to eliminate adja intake pulses) was a huge factor in the success of those engines.

I don’t know if Ford holds the patent or held the patent for the 180 degree intake on a V8 but they sure made a lot of them.

So we have paired intake ports close to the throttle body which provided air/fuel distribution to all cylinders as equal as possible and far surpassed the log manifolds that most manufacturers had on their inline engines.

If this configuration existed on another V8 ( early Cad maybe) it certainly wasn’t on any low cost V8 aimed at entry level buyers like the Ford Flathead was.

Think about that the next time you pop an intake off an sbc.
Hold on...let me channel your son 1Erik.

WHY DID FURD GO AWAY FROM THE SIAMESE PORT?
WHY WAS IT FORCED TO DO THAT?

I want answers Henry!!!

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You know when the facts are on the table, and History is written that in all out builds of all brands The 351C was crowned KING of its time. And you start a thread that reaches so far 939 pages, yet you have a group of people try and argue that its not so, because that's not what they want. Sorry Chevy sissy's that's not how it works!!!

·
SHERIFF
6,260 Posts
You know when the facts are on the table, and History is written that in all out builds of all brands The 351C was crowned KING of its time. And you start a thread that reaches so far 939 pages, yet you have a group of people try and argue that its not so, because that's not what they want. Sorry Chevy sissy's that's not how it works!!!
When and who crowned it King?

18761 - 18780 of 19196 Posts