Yellow Bullet Forums banner

18741 - 18760 of 19198 Posts

·
Señor Member
30,630 Posts
Where did you google that from...:LOL:
He has these little man crushes on guys with quick Furds. ;)

He won't be able to answer you for another 17 hours. He's on his way to Australia to gargle 547Beast's nuts.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: GARYB69Z

·
Registered
16,409 Posts
The reason OZ got the Clevo tooling is one of the strange but true tales of Detroit. The Clevo was built in 9/10's racing tune which means unlike the Windsor and Chevy small blocks there wasn't much you could do without thinking to modify the engines. What was common practice on the Chevy slowed the Clevo.
That means that Ford wasn't getting much in kickbacks from speed equipment companies. They got a lot from the Windsor.
The Clevo does have an oiling problem because the cam gets oil before the crank. There is a way to get round that. Also, the crankshaft bearings were too large and if you know Aussie Ford racing history there were a lot of Clevo engines fried until Moffat "cheated" and installed a dry slump oiling system.

What do you think Erik true or B/S?
Don't know......I've heard this before.

·
Señor Member
30,630 Posts
The reason OZ got the Clevo tooling is one of the strange but true tales of Detroit. The Clevo was built in 9/10's racing tune which means unlike the Windsor and Chevy small blocks there wasn't much you could do without thinking to modify the engines. What was common practice on the Chevy slowed the Clevo.
That means that Ford wasn't getting much in kickbacks from speed equipment companies. They got a lot from the Windsor.
The Clevo does have an oiling problem because the cam gets oil before the crank. There is a way to get round that. Also, the crankshaft bearings were too large and if you know Aussie Ford racing history there were a lot of Clevo engines fried until Moffat "cheated" and installed a dry slump oiling system.

What do you think Erik true or B/S?
That's not an issue down under. The toilet water runs backwards down there.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: GARYB69Z

·
Registered
916 Posts
Umm, show me where I said that you did.... I'll wait.
I made a comment. You quoted and replied. You brought yourself into the conversation, which was your first mistake. Thinking you can outsmart me was your 2nd.
Again, no words were twisted. That's what was stated. I'm sorry if you believe that bullshit, but that's on you, not me.
Bet you feel real intelligent today after making that comment. I could never outsmart an english major.

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
Bet you feel real intelligent today after making that comment. I could never outsmart an english major.
I feel intelligent every day ;)
English major? Shit, I'm a backwoods hillbilly. However, I do have common sense, which seems to go much further than some of the "experts" here.

·
Registered
916 Posts
You are a straight up fuckin moron. So stupid you cannot remember your own post.

Holman & Moody was contracted by Ford for racing engineering. They are a separate company but via proxy they ARE FOMOCO.

A tunnel port has one EXTREMELY DISTINCTIVE design feature that has been used by EVERYONE that has ever produced one. Can you figure out what it is?
427 Tunnel port
View attachment 134020

302 Tunnel port
View attachment 134022

Pontiac 455SD

View attachment 134023

A Cleveland IS NOT A TUNNEL PORT YOU FUCKTARD.

In desperation Ford had to design something OTHER than a Tunnel Port because of the dismal failure of the 302 Tunnel Port engine. THAT IS AN FACT even recognized by Ford historians.

They moved the push rod out of the way of the intake port for EXACTLY the same reason Chevrolet did with the BBC. Both the SBC & W engines are intake port restricted due to the push rods being outboard of the ports. The FE has the same issue. Ford initially tried raising the ports with medium & high riser heads. They couldn't keep up with the Hemi. Then Ford deisgned the SOHC which would have but wasn't allowed to run (Blame NASCAR for that) then the Tunnel Port FE. They tried the same design on a Windsor block but it was not competitive with the SBC in Trans Am racing.

I am not sorry that your fanboi delusions does not make this true.

All of these are MINOR design improvements from an original design that originated with aircraft engines.

This is a heart combustion chamber in a modern head. No 1970-1974 production Cleveland head uses this design.
View attachment 134027

This is NOT a hart shape. It is an open chamber with quench.

View attachment 134029

Yet another bit of fanboi BS dedunked.

Doesn't hurt my feelings. I don't give a fuck who designed what. I just want factual non-baised information something you are incapable of providing.
Little more than just an open chamber with quench.
Getting close to heart shape in this pic 😉
20181029_111907.jpg

·
SHERIFF
6,260 Posts
English major? Shit, I'm a backwoods hillbilly. However, I do have common sense, which seems to go much further than some of the "experts" here.
So your saying you graduated middle school and moved up unlike B/O

·
Registered
916 Posts
The same common sense that makes you feel a cast cleveland head needs a port plate to perform well?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Little more than just an open chamber with quench.
Getting close to heart shape in this pic 😉 View attachment 134357
Keep grasping at straws.

This is a heart combustion chamber

This is also one

Same Weslake?

Yep, it is.

I am not sure if he was the first to design them but he worked on them long before they were used in aftermarket cylinder heads.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,752
There wasn’t much built for Ford’s in the 60’s that wasn’t being developed and produced right from Ford itself through their racing ventures and contractors.

No one built a single cylinder head, block, crankshaft or even a connecting rod (save for Mickey Thompson aluminum rods) that I know of. If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.
Example: the “LeMans rod for the FE and the NASCAR rod for the Boss 429.

Ford had more intake manifolds, carburetor, camshafts, valve train pieces etc than the aftermarket ever made for them.

Is it any wonder Ford’s got no play in the automotive magazine’s back in the day? IT DIDN’T PAY!

I guess I’m more aware of what went on behind the scenes because I was a car crazy kid with a penchant for Ford’s. I noticed a huge disparity in what Ford had to offer compared to the good ink they got in the hot rod magazine’s that every young car punk like me looked forward to each month.

There was the Ford Muscle Parts Program with their “Impressor”, “Controller” and “Dominator” packages that staged performance levels for every automobile engine line they produced.

Then there was the O.H.O. Program which followed the Muscle Parts program which was more of a 70’s approach to performanc.

There was a Pro Stock Pinto program and a Trans Am Mustang program. You could buy “bodies in white” for Pinto, Maverick and Mustang. My dad sold at least one Maverick body for use as a Pro Stocker. I’m not sure who’s it was.

There was the Shelby parts sold at Ford dealers. These were parts developed by the Shelby racing exploits.

Then of course you had Ford backed parts from places like Holman & Moody, Bud Moore and Bill Stroppe.

What do all of those ^^^ programs have in common? They all were either developed in house by Ford or financed and supported by Ford during the Total Performance era.

I‘m not even including the European Ford performance efforts because frankly I’m not in the know about that. I can tell you that the 2.0 EAO and the domestic version 2.3 Lima engine did a pretty good job of dominating mini stock and mini modified racing for decades. Their exploits also spurred on a class of car that virtually every open wheel racer got their start in called Formula Ford powered by the 1.6 Kent engine.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Keep grasping at straws.

This is a heart combustion chamber
View attachment 134358

This is also one
View attachment 134359

Same Weslake?
Relax! Maybe you're too upset to look closely and read carefully. I said "getting close" , look at where the arrow is pointing, the start of the heart shape, when resurfaced becomes more noticeable.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
No one built a single cylinder head, block, crankshaft or even a connecting rod (save for Mickey Thompson aluminum rods) that I know of. If there were these things they were few and far between and frankly rarely surpassed the quality of the part available from Ford.
Example: the “LeMans rod for the FE and the NASCAR rod for the Boss 429.

Consider yourself educated

Then of course you had Ford backed parts from places like Holman & Moody, Bud Moore and Bill Stroppe.

What do all of those ^^^ programs have in common? They all were either developed in house by Ford or financed and supported by Ford during the Total Performance era.

Now this Mystery Motor bullshit. You guys do realize that Ford did not receive this engine, Holman & Moody did. They received this engine because with less than 50 examples cast at that time Chevrolet DID NOT meet the homologation rules, therefore NASCAR forced Chevy to reveal this special race only engine.
So which is it, Henry?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Relax! Maybe you're too upset to look closely and read carefully. I said "getting close" , look at where the arrow is pointing, the start of the heart shape, when resurfaced becomes more noticeable.
My apologies for being defensive.

I still disagree. That very slight indention would not have nearly the same effect as the Weslake heart chamber.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,758
Harry Weslake yeah? A great mind in the same category as Harry Ricardo. Both were seeking “active” combustion chambers as was Ford from the very beginning with their 239” Y block in 1954 and 317” Lincoln engine in 1952.

How is Weslake in conflict with Ford?

·
Registered
12,572 Posts
So you're saying the cast head doesn't need port plates to perform well?
Again, post up where I've ever said that. I tell ya, for some dude who tells other people they "twist words", you sure are putting words in my mouth that I've never said.
Pot, meet kettle.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Harry Weslake yeah? A great mind in the same category as Harry Ricardo. Both were seeking “active” combustion chambers as was Ford from the very beginning with their 239” Y block in 1954 and 317” Lincoln engine in 1952.

How is Weslake in conflict with Ford?
No one built a single cylinder head
You do understand what the words "no one" & "cylinder head" mean, right?

Ford & Weslake aren't in conflict, however, your statement is false.

18741 - 18760 of 19198 Posts