Yellow Bullet Forums banner

15661 - 15680 of 16503 Posts

·
Registered
18,786 Posts
Here’s a couple pics of a local racer’s NMCA Mustang. His name is Robbie Blankenship. He used to run the NMRA Hot Street class, heads up N/A class. You know like a baby pro stocker.

Anyhow you will notice that this car is powered by one of those “non-existent” Cleveland’s.

Where are the inline Chevs that can compete with this car heads up N/A and no weight factoring?

View attachment 114637 View attachment 114638
Looking good how far into the 7's is he now and does he have a stick shift in it?

·
Registered
18,786 Posts
Dude. Seriously. Stop being such a bitch. I've seen plenty of STOCK LS deals making over 750. RELIABILITY is the key here. Again, if you ever made over 400HP, you might understand this.
So why can't the LT 5.3 do it without H-Beam rods answer that or are you going to be a bitch?Seriously you think my engine only makes 400 horsepower if so you should stop being a dumb ass bitch!!

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
Still waiting for somebody to raise the bar 🏋️‍♂️
Makes sense you're waiting for somebody else to raise the bar. Once that's done...Furd can copy it.

Which reminds me...how's the LSv7.3 doing? Has it made a pass yet or is it still just a dyno queen?

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
Wonder why?? Lmfao
Almost. ;) And the reason why Furd kept raising the ports...is cause the original angles kinda sucked. FACT

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
DOHC MOD Motor
Coyote

Oh by the way, that's how we felt about the sbc.
So you're saying all those engines are better than the greatest Furd engine...EVAH. They gonna kick you out the fan boy closet for such blasphemy...Erik.

You just butthurt cause the SBC is America's Engine. FACT

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
550 is about all the stock ls rod good for. Then it’s a time bomb just like the rest.
Is that right Steveo? You better contact your fan boy hero, Dick Holderer, and let him know there's now way he made almost 3 times that with a stock block and rotating assembly with regapped stock rings.

Prior to running, the LY6 short block was disassembled and treated to surfacing, a quickie ball hone and a fresh coat of paint. The real reason for the disassembly was to increase the factory ring gap on the original pistons rings. In most cases, piston failure under pressure is causes by insufficient ring gap. The rings heat up, the ends butt together and seize momentarily in the bore. The result is a broken ring land on the piston. For our LY6, the ring gap was increased from a measured 0.019/0.024 to something over 0.030 for both top and bottom rings. The factory (original) rod bolts were also retained, as were the production lifters, but we did swap out the VVT timing set up for a 4X cam gear and (used) chain.

Imagine that, a motor originally designed by GM to produce 400 hp was now making close to four times that amount. I guess it is safe to say the Gen IV rods are stronger than the Gen III versions, and these dang LS motors never cease to amaze us.

You need to get out of the stone age Steveo. 😜

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
Has anyone seen a na LS make power? Never seen in real life.
Poor Steveo...he's about as up to date as Fred Flintstone. 😜

2019 Race Engine Challenge Final Scores
  • Eric Roycroft, LS3, Inline, 370 cu in, Peak HP 750, Score 1,658.2
  • SAM Tech, SB2, Canted-Hemi, 403 cu in, Peak HP 788, Score 1,651.1
  • Randy Malik, Yates SBF, Canted-Hemi, 382 cu in, Peak HP 740, Score 1,599.9
  • Greg Brown, Hemi SBF, Canted-Hemi, 412 cu in, Peak HP 820, Score 1,596.4
  • Randy Malik, SBC, Inline, 400 cu in, Peak HP 728, Score 1,517.8
  • Josh Myers, LS7, Inline, 429 cu in, Peak HP 743, Score 1,478
  • David Vizard/Terry Walters, SBC, Inline, 420 cu in, Peak HP 702, Score 1,466.8
  • Ben Robey, SBF, Inline, 376 cu in, Peak HP 608, Score 1,389.2
  • Tim Davis, BBF, Canted-Hemi, 462 cu in, Peak HP 759, Score 1,370.9
  • Darrick Vaseleniuck, SB2, DNF
  • Dale Robinson, Olds, DNF

·
Señor Member
29,760 Posts
Since we're talking history and all...any production block, crank and heads Clevelands in the 5's yet fellas? Or is that honor just reserved for BBCs?

Oh look...not 1

but 2 BBCs in the 5s

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
765 Posts
The 4.6 2V SOHC modular sure didn't do that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Wait a minute, when did you get the impression that I give a fuck about the 4.6, because I have an 07 GT, I also have the 2013 boss and my favorite is still my 83 with the cleveland.
That being said that little 281 in 2005 ran the "nutz" off the 2010 cameroo with 100 less cubes and 5 years in hand to learn how to win. Still lost on the road course despite all the GM hype, hence all the 2012 front end changes

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is that right Steveo? You better contact your fan boy hero, Dick Holderer, and let him know there's now way he made almost 3 times that with a stock block and rotating assembly with regapped stock rings.

Prior to running, the LY6 short block was disassembled and treated to surfacing, a quickie ball hone and a fresh coat of paint. The real reason for the disassembly was to increase the factory ring gap on the original pistons rings. In most cases, piston failure under pressure is causes by insufficient ring gap. The rings heat up, the ends butt together and seize momentarily in the bore. The result is a broken ring land on the piston. For our LY6, the ring gap was increased from a measured 0.019/0.024 to something over 0.030 for both top and bottom rings. The factory (original) rod bolts were also retained, as were the production lifters, but we did swap out the VVT timing set up for a 4X cam gear and (used) chain.

Imagine that, a motor originally designed by GM to produce 400 hp was now making close to four times that amount. I guess it is safe to say the Gen IV rods are stronger than the Gen III versions, and these dang LS motors never cease to amaze us.

You need to get out of the stone age Steveo. 😜
If ya can't make power with those LS things put a couple turbos on it, its easy, lol

·
Registered
765 Posts
Poor Steveo...he's about as up to date as Fred Flintstone. 😜

2019 Race Engine Challenge Final Scores
  • Eric Roycroft, LS3, Inline, 370 cu in, Peak HP 750, Score 1,658.2
  • SAM Tech, SB2, Canted-Hemi, 403 cu in, Peak HP 788, Score 1,651.1
  • Randy Malik, Yates SBF, Canted-Hemi, 382 cu in, Peak HP 740, Score 1,599.9
  • Greg Brown, Hemi SBF, Canted-Hemi, 412 cu in, Peak HP 820, Score 1,596.4
  • Randy Malik, SBC, Inline, 400 cu in, Peak HP 728, Score 1,517.8
  • Josh Myers, LS7, Inline, 429 cu in, Peak HP 743, Score 1,478
  • David Vizard/Terry Walters, SBC, Inline, 420 cu in, Peak HP 702, Score 1,466.8
  • Ben Robey, SBF, Inline, 376 cu in, Peak HP 608, Score 1,389.2
  • Tim Davis, BBF, Canted-Hemi, 462 cu in, Peak HP 759, Score 1,370.9
  • Darrick Vaseleniuck, SB2, DNF
  • Dale Robinson, Olds, DNF
You know, with all your LS talk I was thinking of building one, then I looked down and said "shit, I already have a belly button". Maybe I could put a ring in mine to make it different and more feminine, wait, PH1 beat me to it 🤣

15661 - 15680 of 16503 Posts