Yellow Bullet Forums banner

13861 - 13880 of 14494 Posts

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I dont wanna be mean but i never seen anything you guys built yourself?
What would you like to see? At least every other person can actually give you details on shit they've owned/raced. Erik-427 doesn't even seem to know the details of his "easy 12 second car". But hey, he's a "Ford" guy, so stick by his side!

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Built my 63 Nova..everything from chassis to motor,transmission,rear end,Roll cage front suspension.
I don't do everything myself. I don't have time to know every detail to make a th350 handle a good amount of power reliably, then make a th400 do the same, then a powerglide. I have a non car related job, and kids. I can't spend 100 hours a week in the garage to learn everything, just to so I can tell some Ford guy on the internet "I built it all".

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Post it up. Thats the info we looking for.
In my days, I've had...
'86 Buick GN
'86 Monte SS
'87 Buick WE4
'88 Monte SS
'83 Cutlass
'76 Jeep CJ5
'78 Jeep CJ7
Other cars as well, but these were the vehicles I tried to make "fast". What do you want to know about any of them?

·
SHERIFF
5,464 Posts
My Camaro was an EX-Limited street car that ran in the NMCA in the 90's,bought it as a roller from Ann Arbor Michigan,Rebuilt the rear diff. Built a glide for it,Built it's first of many engines for it. I have a good friend that ran a auto machine shop,he would machine the parts and I assembled it ,every one of them.And I picked out the parts also.

·
SHERIFF
5,464 Posts
How many of you build their own motors,transmissions and rear diff's,Along with mini tubbing,ladder bar installation,Roll cage.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Looks like you liked the one body style. Whats a we4?
I can't help it, I'm a sucker for g body cars!
It's basically a Grand National, but slightly lighter. All black, but lighter wheels/bumper brackets, turbo V6 car.
Mistake though, the '86 was all stock. Low mileage car I never touched.
I've also had a '78 Cutlass, another '83 Cutlass, and an '86 442. First engine I ever did a complete teardown/rebuild was on the '83. Rebuilt the 307 (hone/re-ring/valve job/etc.) Still slow

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
My Camaro was an EX-Limited street car that ran in the NMCA in the 90's,bought it as a roller from Ann Arbor Michigan,Rebuilt the rear diff. Built a glide for it,Built it's first of many engines for it. I have a good friend that ran a auto machine shop,he would machine the parts and I assembled it ,every one of them.And I picked out the parts also.
I used to do everything on mine including trans. I have a good friend that is way more talented with transmissions than myself so he does them. I do the rest except machine work. Might buy some of the machining stuff to do my own someday as a lot of shops closing down. They cannot survive up here on hotrods alone. Kinda sad. The other shops that do everything do not want to be hassled with the performance engines and the meticulous things that need done.Ive owed heavy equipment my whole life pretty much. Always fixing on that stuff.

13861 - 13880 of 14494 Posts