Yellow Bullet Forums banner

11001 - 11020 of 11824 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Just watch all those Chevy’s fall on the sbf spear. Look at how many of them he had to go against! Every combo you can imagine. Destroked BBC, sbc on and on. They didn’t have shit for bob and the sbf. Until they went to 500ci. And they already had a bb program up and running Before it happened! For a decade he kicked the shit out of everything gm built!

·
SHERIFF
4,983 Posts

Just watch all those Chevy’s fall on the sbf spear. Look at how many of them he had to go against! Every combo you can imagine. Destroked BBC, sbc on and on. They didn’t have shit for bob and the sbf. Until they went to 500ci. And they already had a bb program up and running Before it happened! For a decade he kicked the shit out of everything gm built!
Hey that's great what Glidden did with the Cleveland what have you accomplished with it I

·
Señor Member
28,103 Posts
Doesn’t this video basically end this thread? It proves exactly what we’ve been saying. Best horsepower of any small block this particular individual ever tested by a lot.
For the Mopar faithful Mr. Holdener does comment that the 340 Six Pack may be close or even better the Boss with its “exotic” induction system. I hope he gets a chance to test that theory soon.
Have you guys noticed that the larger you go displacement wise the greater the horsepower advantage the Boss headed Ford’s hold over the lesser makes?
That ^^^ was how the NHRA hobbled the Cleveland’s or at least how they tried to hobble the Cleveland’s.
I asked Bob Glidden once what cubic inch he was running at the Gatornats.
His answer? 343 cubic inches.
Forcing the Cleveland’s down in displacement via the sliding weight scale had the effect of enhancing the Chevrolet’s performance because the smaller the engine the better their cylinder heads could keep up

Sure Henry...just cause one guy did a rigged test...it proves you right. (y)

Incorrect carb, intake, block, exhaust, no rev limiter =

🤣🤣🤣

FACT is Hank...factory stock, the free revving SBC put the hurt on your brittle Clevelands.

Damn Hank...Glidden gave up a whole 8 cubes from stock. Ohhhh the tragedy. If more cubes make the Cleveland that much more formidable...why didn't he run a stroker and deal with the added weight?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Wonder what the power was at 2300lbs? At 8.38?
771 to be exact except they were actually 2460 lbs with added weight. Plus the Fairmont of Gliddens they dont have a accurate mph cause Bob would let off. Most guys i talk to say they were 800+. Billy told me they never had a dyno and never dynoed the Clevelands.

·
Registered
11,583 Posts
My favorite that stays on topic was a early '70 Maverick with a Boss 351 4 Speed Top Loader.
9 inch out of a '67 Mustang.
Everything was stock but the shock towers and headers.
Very easy 12 second car on late '80's street tires.

A buddy who owned a 396 camaro and helped build my car swore I was cheating.

That was the car I regret selling.........sorry no pics due to my house burning down.
So you talk all this shit, and the one thing you bring up you've had, was an "easy 12 second" car?? And even then, no real proof, just your guess. LOL

·
Long Live The King
100,237 Posts

Except for you...right G-dope?

Best engine EVAH!

🤣 🤣 🤣
Choices, choices, choice ....

500 hp "Cleveland" and have to build the car to put it in ... ( I have a 500hp engine sitting in the corner .... You don't have a 500hp engine and have never had one)

or a 950HP 565" in the boat. I discovered that I have far more fun with the boat than a street car.... Never had a speeding ticket in 20+ year and can basically screw around all you want ( just don't be stupid, obviously not a sport for you) and not get in trouble ...

·
Señor Member
28,103 Posts
771 to be exact except they were actually 2460 lbs with added weight. Plus the Fairmont of Gliddens they dont have a accurate mph cause Bob would let off. Most guys i talk to say they were 800+. Billy told me they never had a dyno and never dynoed the Clevelands.
Riiiight. Go on Etta...turn the bottle on. 😜

I bet you also believe Bob telling everyone that when they switched over to 500 cubes...all he had to work with was just spare BUSS 429 parts/engines he was able to scrounge up.

🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Riiiight. Go on Etta...turn the bottle on. 😜

I bet you also believe Bob telling everyone that when they switched over to 500 cubes...all he had to work with was just spare BUSS 429 parts/engines he was able to scrounge up.

🤣🤣🤣
Yes I believe him. Bob was not noted for being a prolific liar like some in the pits.

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,015
Sure Henry...just cause one guy did a rigged test...it proves you right. (y)

Incorrect carb, intake, block, exhaust, no rev limiter =

🤣🤣🤣

FACT is Hank...factory stock, the free revving SBC put the hurt on your brittle Clevelands.

Damn Hank...Glidden gave up a whole 8 cubes from stock. Ohhhh the tragedy. If more cubes make the Cleveland that much more formidable...why didn't he run a stroker and deal with the added weight?
Oh I don’t know maybe because he was already heavier than the other cars in his class?

Why oh why P1 is it so hard to give a Ford anything any credit at all? You lost this battle.....brush yourself off and move on. Arguably you could say that Chevrolet won the war in the end. Look at all the short track stock car and sprint car wins the sbc logs every year.

That’s ^^^ just as much of Ford’s fault for stifling Cleveland development after just a few years while handing the performance business right over to Chevrolet with a bow on it during the mid-70’s, as it is General Motors using their might to make sure their little small block stayed competitive among the more powerful “other guys” as Holdener likes to call them.

Their plan (GM) has worked to perfection. Do whatever it takes to win any and every pissing contest all the way to the point where they were wasting precious and limited resources on frivolous racing exploits while facing down bankruptcy.

At the same time using their “influence” to affect major sanctioning bodies to shall we say........ “Ward go easy on the Beaver” (sbc) Lol!!

Flyweight weight breaks, calling regular production Ford engines exotic, restrictor plates that tend to favor small port heads, journalists that were clearly in the bag for Chevrolet every damn month!

It’s actually a fricken giant travesty to hear you call Holdener a “Ford guy” when for decades the GM gang got away with all sorts of misinformation.

The biggest bullshit lie I ever heard (and I heard it consistently) was that an FE was a boat anchor because of its weight while out of the same mouths they were complaining about thin wall sections.

Which was it, an imprecise but “lightweight” GM style engine with .300” thick cylinder walls and massive thick main webbing or was it a “heavyweight” Ford with very consistent .200” cylinder walls and careful crankcase webbing that sought to strike a balance between strength and weight?

Phuckers used to piss me off! 😉

·
SHERIFF
4,983 Posts
So you talk all this shit, and the one thing you bring up you've had, was an "easy 12 second" car?? And even then, no real proof, just your guess. LOL
It was an early 70s maverick.....not a 1970...not a 1971...not a 1972....not a 1973...I know every exact year of every car I have owned and well over 100 cars to boot

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Henry I’ve seen this I don’t know how many times. I remember when i was just getting into car scene. I had a 350 chev nova and another buddy had a 68 350 camaro on a early juice jug. Another freind of mine bought a basically stock 70 cougar with 98000 miles and a 4v Cleveland. It was burning blue out one pipe and we were cruising around town burning the tires off the cougar at will. The buddy with camaro tracked us down and was doing his usual kick new car in town ritual. The cougar guy said screw it I’ll give you a go got 1500 into it got nothing to lose. I said your nuts he got nos we going to get smacked. Anyhow to our local highway marked strip and the way we went. The camaro launched out of hole hell of a lot better than cougar but by the time we grabbed second on c6 we were gaining ground and just after mid track we passed him. Wow i thought cant be right maybe he never hit the gas jug? At any rate the other guy never stopped to chit chat so we knew dam well we got him. That really got me perked up on Clevelands after that day. I sold my nova and bought my cousin’s 73 xr7 which i still own. Ive tried to buy that 70 cougar from lee its still at his dads farm with mice running through it. He will not sell or fix. Kinda sad but I’ll keep working him.

·
Señor Member
28,103 Posts
Choices, choices, choice ....

500 hp "Cleveland" and have to build the car to put it in ... ( I have a 500hp engine sitting in the corner .... You don't have a 500hp engine and have never had one)

or a 950HP 565" in the boat. I discovered that I have far more fun with the boat than a street car.... Never had a speeding ticket in 20+ year and can basically screw around all you want ( just don't be stupid, obviously not a sport for you) and not get in trouble ...
So you still haven't been able to figure out how much HP it takes to push a 3600 vehicle to 126 MPH (with fueling and transmission issues)? Told ya to ask Mummert...you big dummy. 😜

·
Señor Member
28,103 Posts
Yes I believe him. Bob was not noted for being a prolific liar like some in the pits.
So it's safe to assume...you didn't watch the videos. Wouldn't want to upend those fan boy fantasies. 😜

11001 - 11020 of 11824 Posts