Yellow Bullet Forums banner
65721 - 65740 of 66046 Posts

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
Because Ford didn’t want to get caught with only one supplier like they did when the Borg Warner factory burned in the early 50’s

Lol! You’re a piece of work Pea1.
Buh...buh...buh...buh...buh...bullshit.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
The cobra jet never did. The 74 4v was the same and the only 4v you could get.
Q-code (Cobra-Jet)

The Q-code "351 Cobra Jet" version was produced from May 1971 through the 1974 model year. It was a low-compression design that included open-chamber "4V" heads, a special intake manifold, special hi-lift long duration hydraulic camshaft, special valve springs and dampers, a 750 CFM 4300-D Motorcraft Carburetor, dual-point distributor, and 4-bolt main bearing caps. It was rated at 266 hp (198 kW) (SAE net) for 1972 when installed in the Mustang and 248 hp in the Ford Torino and Mercury Montego. The horsepower rating dropped in 1973 to 246 hp for the 4-barrel for the intermediate Fords, and still retained the higher 266 hp rating in the Mustang. The 351 CJ (now referred to simply as the "351 4V") was rated at 255 hp in 1974 and was only installed in the Ford Torino, Mercury Montego and the Mercury Cougar.
Q-code (Cobra-Jet

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
That’s because I’m polite Pea1. 😉
"Golly fellas...I politely thank you for showing me I'm a dumbass."

You should be more polite around here too...cause we've been showing you you're a dumbass for 2+ years. 😜

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
TEAM CARB
46,494 Posts
Collaboration my ass. After steadily proclaiming GM was aftermarket dependent, they painted themselves in a corner. Better not admit Ford was heavily subsidized by the aftermarket

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Screenshot
lost 2 or so points of compression...That hurts a bit
The q code which is the only available oc 4v head minimal drop in compression. The pistons had a 8cc dish is all. Same cam etc. The 4v closed chamber is a whole different engine. Ford rated the 9.0 to 1 cj at 285 but most agree that was very conservative.

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
Keep it coming Pea1. Another Holley 4150 style carb that Ford and Holley collaborated on. Good stuff! A special road race Holley courtesy of the Ford Motor Company.
Courtesy of Holley...dumbo.

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
Collaboration my ass. After steadily proclaiming Gam was aftermarket dependent, they painted themselves in a corner. Better not admit Ford was heavily subsidized by the aftermarket
FACT

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
View attachment 277940
The q code which is the only available oc 4v head minimal drop in compression. The pistons had a 8cc dish is all. Same cam etc. The 4v closed chamber is a whole different engine. Ford rated the 9.0 to 1 cj at 285 but most agree that was very conservative.
Poor Steeb...he thought he was inducing a meltdown with his...Erik and Henry were right.

But look at him now...

Forehead Hair Face Glasses Head

🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
They were right. Fact. Your just hoping there weren’t. Probably why gm built the dogchester. Holley couldn’t sell to anyone else for a few years. What was first year for 4150 on chebby? 62-63?
Instead of being like the other bitches, why don't you provide some actual proof for once? It should be that EASY. Fact.
If you can't, go lie to somebody who might believe you.

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
Collaboration my ass. After steadily proclaiming GM was aftermarket dependent, they painted themselves in a corner. Better not admit Ford was heavily subsidized by the aftermarket
The thought process behind some people is just flat out fucked up.
GM "collaborated" with Isuzu on the Duramax, so the Ford guys claim it's not a GM thing, even though they pour the castings.
Absolutely no proof Ford had anything to do with the 4150, yet they lay claim to that.

·
Registered
16,914 Posts
They were right. Fact. Your just hoping there weren’t. Probably why gm built the dogchester. Holley couldn’t sell to anyone else for a few years. What was first year for 4150 on chebby? 62-63?
Odd, another thing that seems to be missing from any history, that Holley couldn't sell the 4150 to anybody else. Also odd that Ford would allow them to hand over their design to all it's competitors. I mean, if they actually did design it...... 🤣

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Holley… “ how many carbs do you need?”
Ford …” x many”
Holley… “ ok”

collaboration
Wrong. Ford having scotch with his buddy at holley. We need a new carb with 4 barrels to kick those cheating mofos at gm. Henry can i send some engineers over to talk to yours and see what we come up with? Yes by all means they have a idea im sure with your carb expertise it will be the ticket. We have exclusive rights for 4-5 years then yoy can sell to those goofs to make even more moola. Thanks Henry. No problem and thank you!!

·
Señor Member
38,437 Posts
Henry has already been schooled by other...more knowledgeable...fanboys. ;)

So tell us more about this 14.9 XR7 of yours. Weight, transmission, gearing, exhaust, tires oh and don't forget the DA. ;)

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
The thought process behind some people is just flat out fucked up.
GM "collaborated" with Isuzu on the Duramax, so the Ford guys claim it's not a GM thing, even though they pour the castings.
Absolutely no proof Ford had anything to do with the 4150, yet they lay claim to that.
Good thing or their diesel would still be shit. Lmao

65721 - 65740 of 66046 Posts