Yellow Bullet Forums banner

So ya wanna know about 351 Clevelands?

3M views 159K replies 310 participants last post by  HenryFloored 
#1 ·
The following is probably the best dissertation of the design parameters built into Ford’s poly angle cylinder heads and lots of other relative information on the basic engine design which serves even today as the pinnacle of automotive pushrod V8 engine design.

Interestingly the author (George Pence) provides these well researched columns from both the perspective of having actually built Cleveland’s and interviews from its original designers. At the same time he points and gives credit to the Chrysler as the inventors of the “poly” combustion chamber. He states later that both Chevrolet and Ford copied this design for their later engines.

I’m sure this will touch off a firestorm of anti Ford sentiment but I don’t give a phuck really.

I’ll use the train wreck of the other thread about Coyote blocks of all things as inspiration to provide good information about Ford engines. I feel bad for the OP of that thread and the folks that designed and built the Coyote block. That should’ve been what the thread was about. The thread killers put an end to that as they always do.

So read if you wish, or don’t I don’t care. Y’all chivolay boys can throw everything ya got at me over here. (Frankly y’all outta gas anyways)

Lastly my hat is off to George Pence. This information is brilliant and we’ll written.

Enjoy!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cle...ml?sid=bd5208229edcf188809aa03b06ca203b&amp=1

See less See more
#158,761 ·
Anyone who can afford a EV truck probably has other options at home.
True, like a real truck capable of towing and going on long hauls without fear of not being able to have enough power to get there. And, also be able to travel in cold weather.

#158,764 ·
There you go Henry. Do what you love. There's plenty of old Ford powered Fords to work on, and plenty of Chevy powered Fords for you to swap back. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing,...we aren't on this Earth long enough to be so concerned about what others are doing.
It ain’t that easy Frank. In the words of Rambo “they (chevy) drew first blood”.

Now we gotta Coyote/Godzilla swap some chebbys to square up the game.

Saw a cool little’63/‘64 chevy wagon tonight out riding my motorcycle. I think that would be a great candidate.