Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
The cleveland was completely taking over pro stock in the early 70's, by Dyno Don, Gapp and Roush, Glidden and others, Glidden was just able to over come the weight penalty add by NHRA better than the others, this gave the cry babies a chance, fact, and NHRA kept adding weight to the Fords until the 500 cuin rule came in.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
FWIW, MPG use to sale intake port plates for the 4V cleveland, I think they improve the velocity but not the CFMs. It was a thin metal shim shaped like the intake gasket with "tongues" that fit in the port and raise that part of the port.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
No offense, but you’re delirious. After that, they were in the road. The only cars I remember who didn’t slow down after the nitrous deal were RMS, Warren Johnson, and Bob Glidden. There may be others, but those three come to mind.
My wife is from southern Ill. and we drove by the Wayne County speed in down town Fairfield Ill. in the 80's and talk about a hole in the wall shop, there's a lot of dirty track racing down that way with Willy's carb. shop in Mt. Carmel Ill. and the talk I heard it was no surprise to anyone that it was thought that they were cheating, but I DK.

1 - 20 of 1371 Posts