Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
6,396 Posts
About 9 years ago I was the tuner for a Top Sportsman car. They put fuel injection on it and their tuner had quit soon after. That was a big jump for me, up until that point a 600hp ish door car was about all the experience I had. I made a bunch of changes to the car, the wiring was a mess, none of the Racepac stuff worked. I had 2 weeks to get it all done before the first race. Those were some late nights.

First pass, total failure lol, 2nd pass though that fucker ran a [email protected] I had never been around cars that fast before. From the stands yeah, but not as a crew member. It’s first race out they took 2nd. I was nervous as a whore in church the entire time.

Few more races went by, I had done some remote tuning for the races I couldn’t go to. The last one I went to the owner was on me all day to take it down the track, the guy that was leasing the car was on me to run it. Guess for my last race with them they wanted to do something for me. I couldn’t do it though. I wanted to but it felt irresponsible, fastest car I had drove to that point was high 9’s, going to a high 6 was just too large of a jump. Even looking back I don’t regret it, but if offered the chance today I’d take it since I’m a lil more prepared for it.

Was a fun experience though, these guys were full out drag racing, lived, ate and breathed it. I got to play with some cool shit, did a lot of dyno tuning for them afterwards but trying to run my business along with tuning cars just didn’t work. Had to give one up. About 3 years later the car got wrecked, hauled it to Bickel and they said it’s fucked. Shortly after they picked up shop and disappeared. Which sucked cuz there went all my free machine work right along with um, that was the deal for me tuning their car, free machine work.

·
Aviation Section
24,859 Posts
Badass! Thanks for sharing! Dave

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Car has more horse power than i have skill.
So would have to pass.
Ive ran over 12000 hp worth of locomotives though !!!! Definitely not the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts