Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She got caught going 83 in a 45. She just got her Florida driver's license three months ago, and has a mandatory court appearance on September 3rd. Any advice or suggestions, or should we just grin and bear it?? I'm not suggesting she wasn't in the wrong, just curious at what we can do to minimum the damage. Thanks in advance. Fire away.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like a lost license...

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I got a very similar ticket when I was 17. (Not a really long time ago) had to take a defensive driving class. Didn't have to pay anything and didn't go on my insurance. This was a small town in arkansas though. Mine was 91 in a 55.

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Holy shit was she late for school?!?!?! Better get a close lawyer to the judge. She may be license less. I couldn't say much either, I had my license exactly 2 weeks and got popped drag racing. Thank goodness that was before drag racing on the street became a felony.

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
My son got a 73 in a 35...the deal is it's a 4x4 with 37" tires and the Speedo is off plus he was right at where it turns back to 55 mph sign...he knew hewas speeding

Now the problem was it's a crooked county, at the courthouse we had a choice

Set a date to contest
Pay $280+ for 38 over
Or the other offer was pay 140 for 5 over, which I did, and no points against him

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
LOL I got a 100 in a 30 when I was 17 My dad told his lawyer because I drove his work vehicles. I went to court and got nothing I don't know how he did it but my dad made me pay him 1000 bucks. It was prob cheaper than the ticket and the insurance going up.

·
Registered
26,974 Posts
Was she texting, too ? Request a trial by jury with the Clerk. The Florida Constitution guarantees a trial by jury Article 1 Section 22. They won't give it to her in Traffic Court . She could win by default.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Unplug speed sensor on said vehicle if you can. Take to a "good ol boy" mechanic to write you a statement saying that the speedo cluster was not working properly...Take said document into court saying that you had it repaired and it was malfunctioning. Also state that your daughter is saving money for college (no joke it helps)

After said case, depending outcome. Kick back a couple hundo to said Mechanic.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
My son got a 73 in a 35...the deal is it's a 4x4 with 37" tires and the Speedo is off plus he was right at where it turns back to 55 mph sign...he knew hewas speeding

Now the problem was it's a crooked county, at the courthouse we had a choice

Set a date to contest
Pay $280+ for 38 over
Or the other offer was pay 140 for 5 over, which I did, and no points against him

Good luck!
I've been through the whole where the sign is thing too. The judge said if you can see the sign and you know what it says. You are good. His old ass also said "when you leave I wana here that flathead scream". Some "good ole boys" are still around down here.

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
I've been through the whole where the sign is thing too. The judge said if you can see the sign and you know what it says. You are good. His old ass also said "when you leave I wana here that flathead scream". Some "good ole boys" are still around down here.
I just knew i was screwed when we showed and there was no judge...:rolleyes: I had to do a double take when she said 5 over lol

It's one of those towns you see someone pulled over every time you roll through:(

·
Registered
13,100 Posts
She got caught going 83 in a 45. She just got her Florida driver's license three months ago, and has a mandatory court appearance on September 3rd. Any advice or suggestions, or should we just grin and bear it?? I'm not suggesting she wasn't in the wrong, just curious at what we can do to minimum the damage. Thanks in advance. Fire away.
When your kid has stupid written on there face you have to defend them.Get a Attorney pay the money to help them look clean as they can until they grow up
Or learn as i did when i was a kid and go on your own

·
Registered
92 Posts
don't waste your money on a lawyer,,, he is going get the same deal that you can ask the judge for ,,,ask to have it reduced to impoper driving if she takes the class and stays out of trouble

·
Banned
15,567 Posts
Cut up the license yourself and let her face the magistrate. She could have killed herself or someone else.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts