Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my doc is worried. He normally does a epidural nerve block that lasts a few months for me. Well after what happened a few days ago(I was moving my couch & got the water balloon bursting in my back feeling again) , he is worried. He went in & did the block, but it did ZERO for the pain. He tells me. MRI on Saturday. CALL ME when you get there because I NEED to be there so I can get the results as soon as they are done.
He needs an MRI before surgery..read I get MRI's before surgery. Standard protocall.

I asked him if he thinks everything is ok. He tells me. "Go home lay down & do nothing. We well talk after the MRI....and I already have a room reserved at the ER just in case."

So this coming week is going to be .........fun.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Goodluck..

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. I am going to need it.

This really sucks. Laying in bed, cant do shit. At least I can "walk"...well more of a hobble. I cannot lift anything over 2-3 lbs(not much more than a cup of coffee). Can't bend over when brushing my teeth, have to force my left leg over the tub to get a shower. I hate it.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Thank You. I am going to need it.

This really sucks. Laying in bed, cant do shit. At least I can "walk"...well more of a hobble. I cannot lift anything over 2-3 lbs(not much more than a cup of coffee). Can't bend over when brushing my teeth, have to force my left leg over the tub to get a shower. I hate it.
Sounds like you got it rough, maybe the doctor will get your back better and heal quicky! Just stay positive :cool:

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. This will not be my first surgery & positive it will not be my last. degenerative disk disease sucks, if you know anyone with it & they are still walking....shake their hand. I have it on every section of my backbone. He tries to get ahead & does radio frequency Ablation on me at the most every 2 months & it has helped a tremendous amount. But I still have constant headaches from weak upper spine & puts constant pressure on my neck muscles.
It is a horrible thing to have to deal with. an be completely fine & active for weeks if not months. Then one day....like me right now... cannot move.

If it goes how I think it will. I will get surgery & after about a week, be good to go. This may happen again in a month or could be fine for 2 years. You never know & it can hit you with ZERO warning.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correction. He does a neucloplasty. then a RF treatment as a "top off" so to speak.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Got the same thing as you :(

Not unlike you, I can't stop living and pay the price for heavy lifting, driving,sitting, standing and so on.

That warm (water bursting) feeling is unsettling, huh?

Listen to your Doctor! I wish you all the best...really,,,TLW

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wayne. I could not imagine having to work with this. I definitely applaud you if you are working with this. I had to deal with this while still in the military. This is one main part of my disability. The VA told me I would be in a wheelchair by the time I was 32. Well I am far beyond 32 & no chair yet. I REFUSE to even think about it until my son is out of school & either in college in the states, or in the military.

That water balloon feeling unsettling..... Yeah you can say that. It happened to me in Oklahoma when I was carrying a cylinder head. Needless to say I fell & it almost fell on top of me. This time luckily I was not doing much & was able to support myself enough to get back to my bed.
I do on occasion have small "pops" where I get a shooting pain, but it goes away in about 10-15 minutes. This "balloon" are I am talking about is roughly 5" round & encompasses the entire low of my back, not just a tiny 1/2" section.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back from the MRI. Doc could not make it due to an emergency surgery. But we talked. He told me to say in bed & no lifting or extended walking( nothing outside the house).
Monday at 1PM I am going to see him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts