Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These transmissions have sat in my late fathers shop for a few years, and I have no idea the backstory behind them.

Anyway, I'm cleaning up the shop, and since these are in the way I put them for sale. I put a detailed description along with the id number spline count [in/out] as well as "I DON'T KNOW IF THESE TRANSMISSIONS ARE GOOD OR NOT, BUT THE PARTS ARE ALL THERE. EITHER TRANS WOULD BE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A REBUILD."

Yep, you guessed it. I'm getting flooded with messages that ask, "are these transmissions still in good working order, can I put it in my car/truck/blender/etc?"

Might just haul both to the scrap yard.

·
Registered
33,100 Posts
Put a ad in the for sale section here.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
You never know what you don't know sometimes:

I bought a Ford toploader years ago for $10.00 from a guy scrapping it.

He thought it was a Powerglide..

OP, take them to the scrapper as you don't know what the fuck they are.

·
Boosted Fredneck
2,408 Posts
I had a pretty good selling experience on Facebook recently. Advertised my blown 98 Camaro for a good number. Got one inquiry asking if I would take $3000 & an 05 Mustang, I declined but a few days later I was contacted by a guy who was knowledgeable, ended up riving from several states away & paid my price. So you just never know.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have maintenance records? Why are you saleing them? Is the price negotiable? Trades?

Lol, you hit the jackpot, almost word for word.

Yep, I researched them, decoded the number, etc. so I know what they are, I just don't know if I want to mess with all of the idiots that want me to guarantee the transmission to work if they just install them in their cars.

I bought a used AW55-51, 5 speed automatic for around $350 for a pos Nissan I used to own. According to the seller it was running when he pulled it, but of course I took the trans completely apart, and rebuilt it. I would never just buy a used part like an engine or transmission for around $200-400, and take a chance on how long it would last.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Trades?
Radio?

A lot of missing info. OP

1 - 20 of 56 Posts