Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaning towards the F1X-12, according to Procharger tech and a few other racers but the F3-136 is still in the back of my head.
Anyone know whats a good price for each of these as I'm getting prices all over the map.
My engine is heading out to get redone now.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
You're just dead set on the bigger 136 aren't ya lol

·
Registered
712 Posts
Are u gonna do a side slinger or reverse mount or gear drive?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Belt life sometimes they last a while sometimes they don't and pulley combos from Procharger suck

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do the SBC brackets fit on a BB Mopar?
I read somewhere that they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Do the SBC brackets fit on a BB Mopar?
I read somewhere that they are interchangeable.
I have been doing some research as well.. Didn't ask about SBC to BBM mounts though..
Do you have a Wedge Motor? Front engine Plate?

There is this guy here who can build the mount kit. I have talked to him on the phone.. go to bottom of page to see picture... He also has more pics too.... http://www.neweraracecraft.com/new-parts.html

You also have Chris jr. at Chris Alston Chassis shop who makes a bolt on as well..
https://www.cachassisworks.com/cac_press_CDS-supercharger-drive.html

I have been leaning towards Chris Alston, but looks like Kevin at New Era makes some nice stuff too.. Hope this helps...

Also I would go 136 .... :smt077:smt077

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been doing some research as well.. Didn't ask about SBC to BBM mounts though..
Do you have a Wedge Motor? Front engine Plate?

There is this guy here who can build the mount kit. I have talked to him on the phone.. go to bottom of page to see picture... He also has more pics too.... http://www.neweraracecraft.com/new-parts.html

You also have Chris jr. at Chris Alston Chassis shop who makes a bolt on as well..
https://www.cachassisworks.com/cac_press_CDS-supercharger-drive.html

I have been leaning towards Chris Alston, but looks like Kevin at New Era makes some nice stuff too.. Hope this helps...

Also I would go 136 .... :smt077:smt077

Thanks so much. yes mopar BB wedge with front motor plate

·
Registered
218 Posts
How much boost is your engine set up to handle?
Due to the lack of info, I'm just guessing, but I'd bet a 136 is going to be overkill and you won't be making the most of it. If you have to slow the 136 down enough to limit the boost your engine can handle, it will be out of its efficiency range, and it will be a dog down low. A smaller blower (such as the x-12) spun near its max will be much more efficient and make more power than the larger blower, with the boost coming in hard.

2nd - why wouldn't you listen to procharger tech? They are obviously going to be the most knowledgeable matching engine combos to their blowers.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much boost is your engine set up to handle?
Due to the lack of info, I'm just guessing, but I'd bet a 136 is going to be overkill and you won't be making the most of it. If you have to slow the 136 down enough to limit the boost your engine can handle, it will be out of its efficiency range, and it will be a dog down low. A smaller blower (such as the x-12) spun near its max will be much more efficient and make more power than the larger blower, with the boost coming in hard.

2nd - why wouldn't you listen to procharger tech? They are obviously going to be the most knowledgeable matching engine combos to their blowers.

Thanks for the reply. The engine is on its way to get redone for procharger application. Its a new new run engine with all the best parts but haven't decided on what prochrger to get. That's why I'm asking on here.
I'm new to this and I figure ask all the questions first before I make the wrong decision.
I'm not ashamed to tell you that this IS my 1st rodeo with a Procharger and I AM uneducated in this.
I listened to Procharger but wanted other opinions as well to help narrow down my search.
What you are saying makes a ton of sense and I really appreciate the response.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.