Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add the rind of a lemon (I don't know how much, maybe 1.5-2 teaspoons)

add 3/4 - 1 of a sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced

add 2 tbs of finely chopped garlic

add salt and pepper

half way through, add 1 cup of finely chopped basil

saute until everything is al dente

in the meantime, cook some pasta.

the last minute of boiling, add some white kidney beans, or whatever beans you can find.

also, in the meantime, grill some chicken breast.

when all is done, combine it all and add a little parmesan cheese.

add a little olive oil to 'soften' it up.

enjoy!

QUESTION- for the Texan non-wop in me.
Is there a difference in taste between the different pastas? Or, is it just a 'texture' difference?

I was in the local, small town supermarket (far from being 'worldly') and they had the curly pasta, the big/fat flat pasta and about 4 different (what I call spaghetti) pastas, but they all looked the same even though they all had a different name.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way, it was very good, but I know I can tweak it a bit and make it better.

I asked my wife (who did not watch me make it) "what flavors do you taste." she said, uummm.. olive oil??

It had a wonderful lemony flavor. I swear, I could cook a rock and she would say it had the same taste. She did tell me to save the leftovers for tomorrow, because she wanted it for supper...

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
take 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add the GRATED rind of a lemon (I don't know how much, maybe 1.5-2 teaspoons)

add 3/4 - 1 of a sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced

add 2 tbs of finely chopped garlic

add salt and pepper

half way through, add 1 cup of finely chopped basil

saute until everything is al dente

in the meantime, cook some pasta.

the last minute of boiling, add some white kidney beans, or whatever beans you can find.

also, in the meantime, grill some chicken breast.

when all is done, combine it all and add a little parmesan cheese.

squeeze a little lemon juice in to get the lemon flavor right.

add a little olive oil to 'soften' it up.

enjoy!

QUESTION- for the Texan non-wop in me.
Is there a difference in taste between the different pastas? Or, is it just a 'texture' difference?

I was in the local, small town supermarket (far from being 'worldly') and they had the curly pasta, the big/fat flat pasta and about 4 different (what I call spaghetti) pastas, but they all looked the same even though they all had a different name.
Clarified the lemon part.

·
Registered
768 Posts
All the pasta tastes the same, the only difference would be if they were made with different flour. the different shapes help hold different kinds of sauces and are for looks...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
duram wheat is what to look for in pasta.
the cheap stuff uses regular flour

·
Sizeable Member
7,738 Posts
... I swear, I could cook a rock and she would say it had the same taste...
LMAO. I go through this with my wife all the time. I try to put together something special - you know, really put some thought into it - and she can't tell me anything about what she likes/dislikes about it. I gave up asking her opinion a while ago. The best I can hope for is, "yeah it's good" :p

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO. I go through this with my wife all the time. I try to put together something special - you know, really put some thought into it - and she can't tell me anything about what she likes/dislikes about it. I gave up asking her opinion a while ago. The best I can hope for is, "yeah it's good" :p

try the recipe I listed above. I don't kow the amounts for the ingredients, but it had a awesome lemon/basil flavor. The parmesean cheese gives it a little kick too.

One thing I might try next time is puting the oil/lemon/spice mixture in a food processor and mixing it up better.

·
Sizeable Member
7,738 Posts
I could picture some spinach and maybe some pancetta in there too

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Try using pecorino romano cheese.
At a higher end grocery store, get a big whiff of it and try to tell me your eyeballs didn't roll back into your head!!! LOL

Pretty sure you won't use parm again......

Jim

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try using pecorino romano cheese.
At a higher end grocery store, get a big whiff of it and try to tell me your eyeballs didn't roll back into your head!!! LOL

Pretty sure you won't use parm again......

Jim

Dude, I live in Bum Phuck nowhereville, Texas. I am lucky to find any cheese besides velveta, LOL.

I will try and remember the romano when I go to "the big city" shopping.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Dude, I live in Bum Phuck nowhereville, Texas. I am lucky to find any cheese besides velveta, LOL.

I will try and remember the romano when I go to "the big city" shopping.

LOL, I just saw you live in Cistern.......too funny.

I just mean a nicer store, not a little mom and pop store.
If they will grind it from a chunk it's awesome!!!

Let me know what you think when you get some , Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts