Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Capri For Sale
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, it's been one of the best years I've ever had in the 27 years I've been in business. People are spending money on their cars like a bunch of drunken sailors. I hope it keeps going for a while.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm in the waterproofing business and we primarily work in northern Va, southern Md, and D.C. So we aren't affected by recession as much but business has gone way up this year for sure.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
If your in the right industry ( pretty much anything connected to oil, natural gas or energy ) your probably doing great. Anything that is heavily dependent on that energy your probably trying to crawl out of the hole after the price adjustments ( rape ) from the energy sector or the last few years.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Pretty shitty here. Consumer confidence has taken a beating since our last federal budget.
Do y'all have welfare down under? Do the natives get restless if they don't " get theirs"?

·
rodent aviator
6,995 Posts
I've been a lot slower this year but mostly by choice. I'm a specialty subcontractor and I fired my two biggest clients in the last two years. I simply don't want to do anything any more. Luckily since I'm a sole proprietor with low overhead I can get away with working 2 days per week and still be fine. I'm grossing less than half of what I was generating 5 years ago but my expenses have dropped to a fraction of what they were so I'm good.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am also having my best year to date. I started my business about nine years ago. I also notice more homes going up in my travels along with more boat sales.

·
Registered
29,243 Posts
Not sure about other construction companies..But I have been swamped with work for over a year ( actually, been quit busy for the last 6 yrs)..
<<<< This is my "Perk"

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Retired two years ago, set myself up pretty good. Got bored and started doing home repairs, building docks on the three rivers around here. Work half the time by my self and have a part time helper. See people spending money on there river homes and play properties. Make $800 to 1,500 a week working 30 40 hours a week. Thinking about getting the motor home out and start 6.0 index racing again.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Im in insurance restoration. We have tripled our business just this year. Insurance work never goes away and I am paid based on commission so the more you can handle the more money you make. Busiest Contractor in VA.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts